The wellness tourism industry, broadly defined, includes products and services made accessible to people travelling from their place of residence for health and wellness reasons. Wellness is the multidimensional state of being, describing the existence of the positive health in an individual as exemplified by quality of life. Wellness tourism refers to trips that are taken by the tourists with the principle purpose being to improve their health and wellbeing.
The concept of wellness holiday or tourism is based on the principle of traditional treatments or therapies like Ayurveda, meditation, homeopathy, naturopathy and a balanced diet. It is like rejuvenation and cleanup process on all levels physical, mental and emotional.
It deals highly with measures for healthful living during the entire span of life and its various phases. In addition, dealing with principles for maintenance of health, it has also developed a wide range of therapeutic measures to combat illness.
As people are becoming more aware about their health, more and more people across the world are considering the potential and benefits of wellness treatments.
Considering the importance and need of living a healthier lifestyle in the high stress word, no doubt people are opting vacations to overseas in order to maintain a balance of mind, body and soul. People are traveling to foreign countries to benefit from the various therapies/procedures that could enhance their wellbeing.
- The main object of wellness tourism is to provide people high quality wellness care at highly affordable price.
- It promotes the wellbeing of the people along with the conservation of natural resources. Conservation of nature is one of the biggest objects of wellness tourism.
- Since wellness tourism attracts the high-end tourists from developed and developing countries, it gives an economic boost to not only developed nations but also small or underprivileged regions, which otherwise are rich in traditional methods of health and wellness.
- It aims to prompts the national as well as regional governments to develop national parks and other natural resources. Also, promote eco tourism, which attracts a large number of regular tourists, together with medical and wellness travelers, from various parts of the world.
- Tourism departments and private entrepreneurs across the world are investing heavily in eco resorts and organizing various other expeditions based on eco-tourism to preserve and expand the natural wealth of the areas that are rich in traditional or alternative treatment.
Wellness tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and it aims to make the life of people healthier by providing different types of healthcare facilities across the world.