Have you ever tried avocado hair mask to condition your locks and get a soft and shiny tress? If not then it is time for you to try it. No doubt, you will get many ready made hair masks in the market; we have provided here the steps for do-it-yourself avocado hair mask for you.
- At first, take a sharp knife and cut the avocado into two pieces by working around the hard seed located in the center By using the fork or the tip of the knife, pry the seed out carefully and throw it away. Now, grasp the two halves firmly and pull them apart from each other.
- Take the knife once again and notch up the flesh with it. As the external skin of avocado is very tough, the flesh would not come out easily. Simply upturn the outer skin and push the notched flesh out into a small bowl. Generally, the peel and the flesh of avocado are tightly formed, and hence cannot be separated easily. However, if you score the flesh properly prior to taking the chunks out, it would become easier for you.
- After that, take a potato masher and reduce the avocado to pulp. The texture of the pulverized substance should be smooth, just like the Mexican sauce guacamole. If you do not have a potato masher, you can use your fork for this purpose too.
- Next, pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice into the mashed avocado. Also, add a teaspoonful sea salt to it. You can replace the sea salt with same amount of honey too. Remember, lemon juice is not necessary for this hair musk. But if you use it, he avocado will not turn brown. On the other hand, do not use crystallized honey in your hair mask. If you do not have any option, simply put the jar into microwave or keep it in a pot containing hot water for 5 to 10 minutes. This would melt the crystallized honey.
- Stir all things well in the bowl. At this stage, you can also add 1-tablespoon egg yolk to the mixture. Some like to include aloe gel in their hair masks. If you wish, you can use one-tablespoon aloe gel as well as other useful items like rosemary extract in the blend.
- At last, mix all ingredients properly. It should turn into a thick and uniform paste. You can make use of the mixture as soon as it is ready. Otherwise, take an airtight container having tight lid, put the hair mask into it, and place the container in the refrigerator.