Spas are known for their relaxing and soothing treatments that provide complete calmness to the mind and increase the beauty of the body. Another popular thing that is talked about spas is their alluring fragrances. These fragrances come from various essential oils that are being derived from different plant extracts.
From providing relief from headaches to providing various skin benefits, the scents in the spas present an array of healing treatment options. Explore this article to find out more about the effects of spa scents on health and in healing.
- If you are tense and stressed or disturbed, you could get the best relaxation with lavender. This oil is said to have a calming effect on the body and reduces anxiety and stress.
- Lavender oil also helps in relieving the problem of sore muscles or stiffness in the muscles. Thus, Lavender works as a muscle relaxant.
- Roman Chamomile, like Lavender oil also calms down the body and muscles.
- Clary Sage oil can be used for effective treatment in cases of depression, stress, insomnia, muscle problems and anxiety.
- The citrus aroma of orange or bergamot can make you feel refreshed, cheerful and rejuvenated.
- Rosemary, which has a highly masculine aroma, is generally used for men. However, it can also provide effective relief in removing the pain of muscle ache.
- If you are eager to find a natural solution to your growing anger and the resultant tension, Vanilla oil is the best choice to go with. Vanilla oil is known to provide a calming effect.
- Many spas offer a good blend of different scents. You can also choose your own scent according to your requirements at some spas.
- Tangerine essential oil with its citrus scent is especially known for calming the mind and removing emotional confusion. It is also known for providing comfort, soothing effect and warmth with its fresh aroma.
- Muscle stiffness and fatigue can be easily removed with help of Grape fruit essential oil.
- The Lemon essential oil due to its antiseptic and refreshing properties is used as a cleanser. Some research suggests that the lemon oil also improves the concentration of individuals.
These oils along with many others open the doors of Mother Nature for you so that you are plunged into an ocean of well being. All you need to do is to choose proper oil to suit your healing requirements.