The fresh gush of monsoon brings in cheers to the wilting body and mind. If the grueling summer takes a toll on your wellness, monsoon is the time to repair, rejuvenate and refresh it in all possible manners. But behold, all is not always not well with monsoon as the frequent heavy downpours shoot up some daily life challenges.
Therefore, it is the time to maneuver your mind and body helping to reach the summit of wellness. Let us check out few easy wellness enhancing tips so that you can enjoy the pitter patter raindrops in childish fervor.
Health comes first always and those habituated to regular outdoor physical activities may somewhat feel down. Well, you may not be able to go for your regular jogging and walking but follow some indoor exercises to maintain your wellness graph. The following tips may help you:
- Do spot jogging at home in frequent intervals.
- Invest in some low-cost home exercise equipment like dumbbell, skipping rope and treadmills. Jot down the advice from your instructor and devote 45mins to 1 hour regularly in those exercises.
- Try some dancing indoors playing the choicest music. This will reduce monotony and uplift your mood along with your health.
Opt for monsoon yoga:
Practice few selected yoga postures indoors to uplift your wellness in all possible manners. Some of the yoga postures that would work well in monsoon are:
The deep breathing exercise that aids in detoxification of your body.
Sit erect. Place your hands on your knees with palms facing upwards. Inhale a deep breath. While exhaling, contract your abdominal muscles and pull in the navel. Relax your abdomen. Your lungs would get fresh oxygen. Repeat the steps 20 times.
Down facing dog pose:
Bend down with your knees and palms resting on the ground like a four legged animal. Breathe out slowly and lift your hips stretching your legs and arms taking the form of an inverted V. Hands should be touching the ground firmly and feet should be placed apart as with the width of the hip. The neck should be in parallel with your stretched arms. Take long deep breaths maintaining this pose. Then breathe out and return to the four-legged form.
Lie straight on the ground on your stomach with your hands placed in parallel with the trunk. Your legs should be placed close to each other. Bring both the hands near to your chest lying in the same pose with elbows extended upwards.
Taking deep breaths, lift your head stretching in the backward position with the support of your palms placed firmly on the ground. Maintain this posture for few minutes. This posture improves blood circulation and reduces fatigue and stress.
Alternate nasal breathing technique:
Clogged sinus and blocked nasal passage are common in monsoon and this nasal breathing technique will keep those ailments at bay and also help in relaxing your mind. Sit erect in a relaxed manner. Let your left hand rest on the left knee with palms facing upward and the tips of the thumb and index finger gently touching each other.
Next, place the tip of the index finger and middle finger of your right hand in between the eyebrows. The ring finger and the little finger should touch the left nostril and the thumb on the right nostril.
Press the thumb on the right nostril and breathe out through the left nostril. Next inhale with the left nostril and press it gently with the ring finger and little finger. Remove the thumb and breathe out through the right nostril.
Again breathe in from the right nostril and breathe out from the left releasing and pressing the fingers as required. 9 rounds of this breathing technique should be carried out in one session.
Just after the alternate nasal breathing procedure, meditation is a great way to boost your wellness. Monsoon sets the perfect ambience for meditation as the mercury plummets. Select a quiet place in your home and meditate for 10-15 minutes every day. The patter of raindrops outside would help you to maintain composure and soothe your mind quickly.
Boost your immunity in the organic way:
Monsoon puts your immunity to test in all possible ways. You never know when your immunity takes a plunge making you suffer from viral and gastrointestinal infections, the two most unwelcome guests of this season. Therefore, diet plays an important role to maintain your wellness. What you can do is:
- Include more yoghurt in your daily diet. The rich culture of probiotics in yoghurt will take care of your gut. Smoothies with fruits and nuts would be a better option.
- Eat mushrooms. These packed with Vitamin B, selenium and antioxidants can act as a perfect bodyguard this season. Your body needs more antioxidants and vitamin to fight the monsoon devils.
- Have lemons compulsorily in this season. You can drink warm lime juice or add it in your favorite dishes. Lemon enriched with Vitamin C is the all-season super immunity booster.
- Have more of lean meat as this helps in producing white blood cells that boost our immunity. Take care not to make it too spicy as it would do more harm than good.
- Drink more tea loaded with spices especially after getting wet in the rain. Spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise present in tea boost your immunity as well as provide the much needed stimulation.
- Add more garlic to your dishes. Known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties, garlic can combat serious forms of infections. Having it in the raw form is more effective.