The world we live in today relies more on outer beauty rather than inner conscience. As such, it becomes rather easy for one to get swept away by the urge to look beautiful and resort to chemical based synthetic treatments for the same purpose. The mark of beauty is often made by healthy, radiant skin. Sadly, these creams and treatments can wreak havoc on your skin’s health in the long run. This is why the best way to get beautiful skin is via natural means. And yoga can help you do just that.
The Common Causes for Skin Related Problems
Yoga can help you get back that healthy, glowing skin in no time at all. However, before moving in to check how you can use yoga to your benefit, let’s take a look at some of the more common reasons for our skin to lose its health and sheen over time. These include stress, smoking, alcohol consumption, drug addiction, unhealthy eating habits and an unhealthy lifestyle.
Using Yoga for Healthy, Radiant Skin
Here are some yoga tips you can try out in order to make your skin look healthier, younger and beautiful again.
- Practice Yoga Postures that increase blood circulation
In order to get radiant skin, you need to practice asanas that will increase the blood circulation to your face and head. Poses like the Fish Pose, Triangle Pose, Crab Pose, Shoulder Stand, Cobra Pose and Child Pose, etc. are also called as chest openers. These poses help improve the supply of oxygen to all the cells in the body in addition to improving blood flow to the head. This, in turn, can nourish the skin and make it healthy and supple in no time.
- Practice Cooling Pranayama
Many breathing exercises advocated by yoga also help you get clear, glowing skin. Pranayama in particular, focuses on helping you breathe your way to healthy skin. Engaging in 15 minutes of Kapalbharti Pranayama everyday can help your skin lose all its premature wrinkles and lines while attaining a hard to miss natural glow.
If your skin is acne prone and can break out at the slightest contact with an irritant, the best natural healer for you is cooling pranayama. The most effective in this case will be Sheetkari and Sheetali pranayama that provide a cooling effect to your skin. The Jalneti technique also helps cleanse the skin of impurities, thus helping the latter retain its natural glow.
- Practice Facial Yoga Exercises
It is considered wise to practice facial yoga exercises for at least 20 minutes every day. These exercises can involve massaging the eyebrows and jaws for instant relaxation, and techniques like the ‘kiss and smile’ to increase the flexibility of your facial muscles. By doing so, you can tighten your facial muscles and effectively remove fine lines and wrinkles in the process of doing so.
- Practice Poses that Help Aid the Digestive Process
In some cases, indigestion and other digestive system related disorders can have numerous side effects, with some of them reflecting on your skin. You can practice yoga postures that aid the digestion process, thus keeping your skin healthy and radiant in the process. Some yoga poses that help in this case are the Kneeling Pose, Wind-Relieving Pose, Alternate Nostril Breathing, Bow Pose and Skull Shining Breathing Technique, etc.
- Other Yogic Tips to follow for beautiful skin
In addition to these poses and techniques, here are some more yogic tips that can help you in the quest to get healthy, beautiful looking skin.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Water helps hydrate the skin and cleanse it off all nasty toxins contributing to premature aging, discoloration and what not!
- Change your diet to include more nutritious foods while trying to avoid junk food and drinks as much as possible.
- Exercise regularly as this will help you sweat out the toxins in your skin easily.
- Reduce stress levels by practicing meditation every day. Try to smile as much as possible as well as this will also contribute to the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once a week. This will help remove dead skin cells as well as impurities on the skin surface effectively.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every day. This will give your skin plenty of time to repair itself from all the issues it faces on a daily basis.
Getting healthy, beautiful skin is no longer that hard. By practicing yoga every day, you can get back the lost sheen and smoothness of your skin in no time at all.