Marketing and branding are two very different and important business elements. Advertising, marketing and branding are the important components of a business. It is used to convince stakeholders, external donors, consumers and clients so that they buy our goods and services or invest in the organization. Branding and Marketing usually seem same and confusing because of their same importance in a business.
What is Marketing?
It is a management process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer. It is the link between a society’s material requirements and its economic patterns of response. These activities include formulating marketing strategies to use beside available resources such as social media, packaging, television and print media.
What is Branding?
Branding is a way to build an important company asset and good reputation. Branding is all about the image making of an organization. A brand is anything that helps get potential buyers to remain same and loyal to your product or company such as logo, name, symbol and design. Brand is a promise to deliver unmet needs to the consumers.
Difference between Marketing and Branding
- Marketing is what you do to get your message to your customers, while your brand in how you keep the promise made through delivery to customers.
- Brand is bigger than the marketing, marketing may contribute to a brand, but the brand is quite bigger than any particular marketing effort.
- The marketing strategy will convince the customer to buy goods and services of a particular company. Brand is eventually what determines if you will become a loyal customer or not.
- Marketing refers to strategies and tactics used to build awareness of products and services. Branding has more to do with the logo, color scheme and the package design of products.
- Marketing is single- minded where branding is a gestalt.
- Marketing and branding are closely related business tools, so closely related that they are often intermingled. Marketing is demonstrative while branding is reclusive is not sufficient to convince you to look at the two as separate disciplines.
- Marketing is more about the way you promote your business and the services offered. Branding is all about the image you project and the business personality that people come into contact with.