Social media is an effective and a vital marketing tool. Companies are embracing it enthusiastically and many have increased their bottom line improved their customer service. Social media platforms have frequently gained fame over the past few years as a bona fide mode of communication and networking. The most common platforms being used like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, Blogging as well as YouTube.
Here we have some fascinating facts regarding Social Media that make it unique unto itself as well as gain a bit of good for fashioned inspiration and these facts are as follows:
- One out of every seven minutes online is spent surfing, sharing, commenting, liking posts and uploading to Facebook.
- Usually women use Pinterest and men use Google+. Pinterest is a fun community that shares creative ideas through images. Google+ shares creative ideas through more and more of a variety of mediums such as images, videos and articles.
- Surprisingly, millions of accounts are created on Twitter and 340 Million Tweets are posted. During the year 2012, Twitter reported making more than $250 million in advertising revenue.
- In recent study, it was revealed that more than 79 percent of gamers have a college degree and more than 40 percent of gamers make more than $50,000 a year. It is quite interesting that more than half of gamers are above 40 years and around 30 percent of gamers are married with kids.
- More than 65 percent of Facebook users will like a company’s page to receive a coupon offering more than 20 percent off while more than 25 percent share the love via their social media platform.
- About 161 million minutes in a month around the world are spending on mobile social media applications. In addition to this, it is rumored that more people have mobile phones than toothbrush.
- 34 percent of medium businesses are suing social media as part of their business and 27 percent of small businesses are still joining in.
- More than 60 percent of people use social media sites to find jobs, apply to job or build their professional networks. It was reported in 2012 that more than one billion pictures were uploaded to Instagram.
Nowadays, people all over the world are using social media to find jobs, make friends and build their professional networks. Social media is one of the important parts of online marketing it is the great platform for marketers.