The Global Wellness Day is celebrated on 10th June. It is an occasion to rejoice for reasons not hard to comprehend but you may wonder why and how you should celebrate World Wellness Day.
Considering the facts that
- A) Globally around 800,000 people commit sucide every year.
- B) One in four people in the world (around 450 million people) will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives. Think of your three good freinds, if they seems ok, probably you are the one. 🙂
- C) Today, world’s 5% population suffers from depression.
- D) Global medical expenses toward chronic diseases is set to reach $47 trillion anytime soon, it becomes imperative for all of us to benefit from the global phenomenon of wellness.
Owing to our hectic schedules that make our lifestyle both complex and complicated, we need to espouse the regime of wellness if:
- We are trying to do way too much and controlling more than we can manage.
- We are holding on to things without using them just to prove our social status.
- We are facing a stiff competition in every simple aspect of life.
- We are having our tensions and security concerns which have reached even the remotest corners of the globe.
- We are trying to pose ourselves superior than others, in terms of our religion, nationality, or personal brand, which is a major cause of disturbance.
- Aren’t we heading towards an era of digital maladies? How Digital technology is affecting human wellness?
Now is the time to break the shackles of these complicacies; and go out to explore the endless domain of wellness that has grown beyond few selected parameters eventually. In all its likeness, wellness is the only solution going forward as it helps us functioning to our maximum potential while maintaining a continuous balance with the environment.
So, I believe we need to follow these two simple Wellness thoughts religiously:
- Knowing yourself – Just as charity begins at home, the perception of wellness initiates from one’s own self. It is, therefore, important to know yourself first to realize the domain of wellness.
- Harmonious co-existence – Work toward unity, and live in harmony with one another. Avoid thinking you are better than others or wiser than the rest; instead, embrace common people and ordinary tasks.
Let’s go all-out to realize the dream of Global Wellness by following these principles:
- Maintaining harmonious wellness with the universe (Planet/Environment) and everything around you.
- Being harmonious with your “being” – both physical and emotional/spiritual being.
- Being harmonious with every other element/species/things – People, Social, Cultural, Wellness, etc.
So, this World Wellness Day, I invite all of you to come together to achieve our common goal of Global Wellness – based on better interactions with the environment, surroundings, other human beings and creatures without any ethnic or religious demarcations.
Here is further reading
Wellness is the loving acceptance of yourself. Wellness is a choice—a decision you make to move toward optimal health. Wellness is a way of life—a lifestyle you design to achieve your highest potential for wellbeing. The Article is presented with excerpts from Dr Prem’s Guide Book on Wellness Tourism.
Comprehensive wellbeing of an employee directly influences his or her performance at the workplace and companies are well aware of this fact. Ensuring that employees are not unfairly stressed due to the excessive pressure and demands has become a priority for businesses worldwide.
While entering data to “Sender’s name” make sure, that your information clearly describes the person, who sends the email. We recommend entering personal name and the name of a company, for example “John White, SendPulse” It is desirable to specify where was user’s address taken from.
Wellness tourism, the dominating niche segment of the high-end travel industry is also paving way for the growth of wellness hotels. This brings out innovative concepts oriented towards well dwelling of the travelers.
The wellness industry is witnessing global upward transformation. Since the consumer is seeking more wellness solutions across the globe, the health industry is transforming from medical care to comprehensive integrative care solutions and real estate as well as hospitality industries are coming up with more innovative wellness hotel concepts.
Youtube Wellness Playlist
Here is handpicked youtube wellness playlist by Dr Prem. Listen to relaxing, inspiring and joyful music. Just like Dr Prem, make it your routine to make such music your integral part of daily to rejuvante your “wellbeing”. Live inspired.