The summer heat is on and it’s definitely not the time neglect your skin. Most of the times, even after taking all precautions, you may develop skin problems like sun tan, sunburns and dark pigmentation, which are all caused by UV rays emitted by sunlight. Exposure to sunlight also causes premature wrinkles, skin sagging or even skin cancer. The sun exposure is difficult to avoid. So, what should be done to remove tanning. Here are some ways by which you can get rid of tanning. Just follow these instructions.
1. Exfoliating scrub (you can choose a product from any good brand)
2. Self tanning remover
4. Clean soft towels
5. Olive oil
6. Lime juice
7. Lotion with alpha/beta hydroxyl acids
8. Baking soda
9. Rose water
11. Acetone nail polish remover
1. Milk is a very good exfoliator. Apply lukewarm milk on the affected area, leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes. Slightly massage your skin and then wash it with warm water.
2. Use a lotion with exfoliating alpha or beta hydroxyl agents to remove dead skin.
3.There is a lineup of sun protection beauty products available, which not only have the required SPF to protect you from harmful UV rays, but they also have self tanning corrector and perfector in them.
4. Another method is to soak the tanned part of your skin in warm water, baking soda and olive oil. Apply this thick body scrub to loosen the pigmentation of the tan. Leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes. Gently scrub the skin with the help of a body bath sponge. Wash it off. If still some tan is visible, apply lime juice.
5. If some tanning solution remains leftover on your nails, remove it with an Acetone nail polish remover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the easiest and the cheapest way to remove suntan?
A: Mix one teaspoonful each of rose water, glycerin and lime juice. Apply on the affected area. Leave for about 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Most effective, when applied regularly.
Q: Can we get tanned even with a very less exposure to the Sun?
A: Even two minutes of exposure to the sun can cause sun tanning.
1. Egg is a good sun tan remover. You can apply it if you don’t have any aversion to its smell. Just break, beat and apply on affected part. Leave it for an hour. Rinse off completely.
2. Regularly apply grated potato juice on your tanned skin. Notice the changing color of your skin over few days.
3. Grind coriander leaves into fine paste. Apply on the affected area. Rinse off with cold water.
4. Apply grated cucumber and gently scrub the affected tanned skin. Wash it off. Apply regularly.
5. Sandalwood powder mixed with crushed camphor in water is very soothing and cures sunburn too.
Things To Watch Out For
1. Try to cover the exposed part of your skin while going outside in summer. Use sunglasses and umbrellas.
2. Always keep a sunscreen handy and re-apply it every 2 to 3 hours. Also, apply sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out in the Sun.
3. Test a small area to make sure there is no burning or irritation. If irritation persists, discontinue the treatment. Wait patiently for the tan to fade away on its own.