Exercise and weight control are the two aspects to take care when you are looking to keep your heart healthy. Heart Diet can reduce the risk of heart disease up to 80%. Excessive weight gain is a common problem. You must understand which method of cooking and what foods are healthy to eat. In this way, you can achieve an ideal weight.
Being careful in the approach to what to eat and what not to eat can help you keep a control on blood pressure, blood sugar levels, weight and cholesterol levels. Eating a single food for few days may help you cut your weight but it cannot provide permanent health solution. Here is a list of foods to eat more and foods to eat less so that you can incorporate yourself in a healthy lifestyle.
Eat More Foods
Healthy Fats â€“ Olive oil, flaxseeds, avocados, fish oils and raw nuts
Fiber â€“ Legumes, whole grain pasta, breads and cereals
Nutrients â€“ Fresh or frozen colorful vegetables and fruits prepared without inclusion of butter
Protein and Omega 3 â€“ Poultry, shellfish and fish
Protein and Calcium â€“ Egg substitutes, egg whites, skim milk and non fat cheeses
Eat Less Foods
- Deep fried foods are strictly banned as they contain trans fats. Eat less from saturated fats sources such as red meat and whole fat dairy.
- All kinds of packaged foods should be consumed in low quantity, especially the foods that are rich in sodium.
- Granola type cereals, white breads and refined pasta or rice.
- Bacon, sausages, fried chicken and red meat.
- Whole milk, whole milk products like yogurt and cheese plus egg yolks.
Healthy fats are good to consume. You must include foods that come from the sources of Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty acids. Monounsaturated fats can also be consumed as they are heart healthy. Heart Diet is simple to follow as it allows you to choose from a wide range of foods.
Keep your heart healthy to live long and strong.