Coconut oil is the panacea for all kind of skin problems. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties, which keep many skin ailments at bay. Wrinkles, acne, dull skin, dry skin – a range of skin problem can be effectively treated with coconut oil to give you a wonderful, glowing skin. Coconut oil facemasks are powerful natural remedies for radiant, younger looking skin. Using extra virgin coconut oil is preferable, as it does not contain any harmful chemicals. Coconut oil facemasks are powerful natural remedies for radiant, younger looking skin.
7 coconut oil face masks for glowing skin
Oatmeal and coconut oil face mask – anti-acne
Acne is a problem you may have been facing, as many of us. Try this great mask made from coconut oil and oatmeal. The anti-bacterial property of coconut oil fights the bacteria, which may be the reason behind your acne problem. Oatmeal soothes inflammation and helps in restoring the pH balance of your skin. To get clear skin, use the two together as a powerful acne fighting face mask.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of warm water.
- Mix well until you get a nice paste.
- Apply the mask and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, massage your face gently for 5 minutes. This will help to remove dead cells which might be clogging your pores.
- Then, rinse your face with lukewarm or cool water and pat dry with a soft and clean towel.
- Use this coconut oil face masks every day or on alternate days and see the difference to your skin. You’ll have a clear skin in a very short time!
Avocado, nutmeg and coconut oil mask for younger skin
This face mask packs a lot of punch. It’s perfect for preventing wrinkles and aging skin. The coconut oil hydrates and nourishes the skin, while avocado slows down the process of aging skin by neutralizing the free radicals.
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- Mash the avocado after removing the skin.
- Mix the coconut oil and nutmeg into the paste.
- Apply the coconut oil anti-aging mask evenly all over your face and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with cool or luke warm water and pat dry. You will get radiant and younger looking skin after you wash off the mask.
- Continue using this mask once a week to get the best result.
Coconut oil, green tea, honey mask for glowing skin
Who doesn’t want glowing skin? Natural glowing skin is rare to find these days, due to pollution and other factors making your skin dull. Use this awesome coconut oil and honey mask to get glowing skin. This coconut oil facemasks remedy is awesome for enhancing the softness and suppleness of the skin.
- Green tea leaves (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix the ingredients together and apply it over the entire face evenly.
- Let it be on your face for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm / cold water to reveal a lovely, glowing skin. Sheer bliss!
Coconut oil and baking soda mask to remove blackheads
Baking soda happens to be one of the best cleaning products available. It is used to clean almost everything – counters, dishes, skin and teeth. It restores the delicate pH balance of your skin and acts as a great exfoliator too. The combination of coconut oil and baking soda makes a wonderful blackhead fighting facemask. After using this great coconut oil face masks, you’ll never use a store bought blackhead fighting creams again. This mask is ideal for areas like the Chin, nose and forehead are the common areas of the face where blackheads are prominent, so massage on these areas for some more time.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix the two ingredients to form a paste.
- Add some more of baking soda, if required, in order to make a paste.
- Apply the paste for just 5 minutes and rub gently over the face to remove all the blackheads.
- Rinse it off with some cool water and pat dry.
- Apply this coconut oil face masks three times a week till your blackheads disappear.
Coconut oil and yogurt mask for dry skin
The coconut oil face mask benefits oily skin by drying it up by dissolving all the dead skin. This mask strips the excess oil and tightens pores. The calcium and vitamin B in the yogurt work well to restore your skin’s glow. Coconut oil’s anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties make your skin free of any extra oil.
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply it on the face for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask away with some warm water,
Your skin will feel oil free and become radiant. The caprylic acid in the coconut oil reduces bacterial infections making the acne problem better.
Coconut oil, honey and oatmeal mask
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 2 tablespoons of ground or rolled oats
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply on the face except the eye area.
- Keep it on for about 20 minutes and wipe the mask off with a piece of wet cloth.
- This coconut oil and honey mask will help you get clear skin after using it for about 3 times a week.
Coconut oil, lavender oil and frankincense oil mask
Dark spots may occur due to aging skin, exposure to the sun, or pregnancy related issues or other medical conditions. This coconut oil anti-aging mask will reduce dark spots and firm up your skin. Frankincense and lavender oil help to remove sun spots, remove tiny wrinkles around the cheeks and eyes and heals scars.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 drops each of frankincense and lavender oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small glass bottle that has a dropper.
- You can use this as a serum or as remove it with a piece of damp cloth.
- Do this home remedy daily till you get results.
Coconut oil has a lot of proteins, which help to keep your skin rejuvenated and healthy, externally and internally. All these masks address common skin problems with coconut oil, and make your skin beautiful and glowing.