Every phase of life has its own pros and cons. And your body makeup is different at every age. Given the kind of body you have at any given age, you need to feed it and take care of it accordingly. Designing a specific diet plan as per your age is extremely important, especially for women. This is necessary even more so now than ever when we are mostly surrounded by junk and processed foods. Having a diet plan for aging women is quite underrated. Which is why, here are a few tips on how you, as a woman, can monitor your own diet well.
Diet for women in their 20s:
Skipping to and fro between college and work, your 20s is the time when you compromise on your diet the most. The effects of this are not quite visible immediately, but tend to take a toll on your health later on.
This is the time when your body is maturing, but not quite there at its peak yet. True that it is important to implementhealthy eating strategies for every age, the basic change every 20-something needs to make currently is to cut down on fast food. Fast food comprises nearly 25% of your overall dietary intake in your20s. Since fast food is out of question now, you’ll need to replace it with healthier options.
- Pile up on protein as much as you can, for your hair, skin, nails, and overall maintenance of your body.
- Yogurt, granola bars, cottage cheese, soy milk, and oatmeal make up for amazing snacks and quick meals while even keeping you ahead of your nutritional requirements.
- In addition to that, resort to fresh fruit drinks and fluids to stay hydrated at all times, and to even bridge the gap for loss of meals. This is quite common,especially in your 20s.
- You can take omega-3 and protein supplements for better energy and absorption as part of your diet plan as per your age.
Diet for women in their 30s:
One cannot stress enough on the importance of eating the right diet as per your age, especially in your 30s. You are at the peak of your physical maturity rightfrom the time you hit your 30s. Your sexual maturity, bone density, and even emotional stability all come to terms with your health and you are in the prime of your life now. At this stage, you need to focus better on your eating habits since your body may not cooperate as much as it did in your 20s. You will have to put in efforts in designing a diet plan as per your ageto maintain and keep up your health and looks.
- Up your calcium intake. This is the most important thing. 30s is the time when your bone health starts going downhill. Load up on calcium as much as possible by taking in milk, eggs, and organic calcium supplements.
- Calcium is useless without vitamin D. Vitamin D is important since it protects your body from colon cancer and other types of cancers, and even improves immunity. You may not get enough vitamin D from food, so you may need to resort to supplements.
- Include folates in your diet to help with healthy pregnancy. Also, a good amount of iron intake is important to help you feel energetic.
- Consider a good number of phytonutrients in your diet, to ensure healthy eating strategies for every age,including your 30s. They contain antioxidants which help slow down the aging These can be found in citrus fruits like orange, lemon, pomegranate, and sweet lime.
Diet for women in their 40s:
Your hormones are going to start fluctuating in your 40s when your menopause sets in. In order to be prepared for the same, improve your nutrition and diet plan as per your age by taking extra care of your special needs. Also, make sure you get a full body check-up every 6 months in this decade of your life.
- Include whole wheat, brown bread, and bran in your diet more than before. These contain fibers which keep you from bloating. Also, soluble and insoluble fibers tend to make you feel full for longer, thereby reducing the possibility of overeating.
- Antioxidants, calcium, vitamin D, phytonutrients are all important for your growth, wear, and tear of the body. Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy veggies are good sources of them.
- Keep your calorie intake to the minimum as an important part of your diet plan as per your age. Loading on calories and having a positive calories count coupled with lack of enough exercise is only going to add to unhealthy body weight ion this phase of life.
Overall recommendations of diet plan as per your age for all age groups:
- Refrain from taking in empty calories, too much sugar, processed food, and junk items in your diet at any age, even if you are at the peak of your health. Make sure you keep up with the practice of eating the right diet as per your agein every phase of your life.
- Consider nutritional organic – not synthetic – supplements at any age group to bridge the gap for loss of nutrients that your food may be lacking. Calcium, protein, omega-3, and iron are only a few examples of the supplements you can choose to have. But make sure you do so only after professional consultation.
- Your body needs a diet plan as per your age, some kind of physical engagement, and enough exercise no matter what age group you belong to. When your body is still young, you can go for extreme workouts, but don’t completely shut it down as you age. Keep a habit of walking and jogging as much as you can personally afford.
Everyone these days, men and women alike, knows the importance of healthy eating strategies for each age and giving your body the appropriate amount of nutrition it requires. However, not everyone is willing to put in a little effort or go that extra mile to ensure that they feed their bodies the best of the best food.
It is crucial to have a diet plan for aging womenand men. Healthy food is neither thatdifficult to obtain and nor is it over-the-top expensive. All you needto do is plan your diet accordingly, and eat only the right foods as per your age, likes, and preferences – be it a male or a female.