Being a vegan is a bit challenging job. The food transition is not for everyone. Most people quit in the middle because they can’t keep pace with the vegetarian diet only. But, if you have got strong motivations and have finally decided to give up your affection for animal products, a healthy life is awaiting your way. It doesn’t matter whether you are 8 or 80; it’s never too late to go veggie. But what should you do now is your next question, this guide will exactly help you find a vegan way. Good thing about becoming a vegan is getting to know several unexplored vegetarian food items. It gives you the freedom to cook new meal each time you enter your kitchen. Your cooking skills might help you turn the dull leafy vegetables into exciting flavors. Read the steps given below to find out how to be vegan.
Complexity Level: Moderate
Time Required: 2-3 months of abstinence
- Vegetarian food
- A persistent attitude
1: Renovate the veg food that you already know:
- Best way to make your food exciting is to try the recipe on the non-veg mode. Like if you are cooking veg burger, use the spices that you have used while making red meat. Season it differently this time and your food is definitely going to taste astounding. Instead of microwaving, give your time on grilling.
- Make use of local and online bookstores: Browse vegetarian food on the internet. There are many websites that allows you to search all sorts of recipes. For instance, Indian recipes or Chinese recipes can be used as a reference.
2: Invest most of your time in a vegetarian restaurant:
- Other vegetarian could be a good inspiration to your transition. Befriend them and go on your own cooking camping. You already know your life is now confined to such restaurants.
3: Learn to reward yourself:
- Resisting yourself from seeing someone eating Kebabs, needs a lot of guts. Praise yourself on each time your determination walk along with you. The vegetarian makeover to your diet is certainly saving you huge money. Go waste it on your wardrobe, vacation and whatever you like.
4: Don’t throw away yourself on French fries:
- Surely, French fries are vegetarian, but eating chips and oily veg dishes in the name of being a vegan will make your health suffer.
- Also, be patient on becoming a pure vegan. Rest aside your meat temptation and you will find your way.
5: Do not be too harsh:
- Though it is recommended that you go veggie, but never be too harsh that might affect your health.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who is a vegan?
A vegan is a strict vegetarian who feed on plant products only and avoid eating animal products or by products. Their lifestyle includes not eating red meat, poultry, eggs and fish. Many vegans avoid dairy products as well as honey.
2. Are vegetarian diets healthy?
Undoubtedly, leafy vegetables are always healthy, but being a vegetarian requires more attention on a balanced diet. The compensation of eliminating the nutrients that comes from meat products should be done by adding various nutritional vegetarian products in your plate.
3. How do you classify the vegetarian diet?
Vegetarian diets vary with the rigidness of a vegan. Some vegans exclude meat, poultry fish, eggs and dairy products while other vegetarians include milk, cheese, yogurt, butter and eggs in their diet. In short, vegetarian diets can be categorized as pure vegan diet, lacto-vegetarian diets and Lacto-ovo diet.
- Reading books on vegetarian life will keep you motivated.
- As a beginner, you might want feel like giving up. Be persistent despite your discouragement and failure.
- Being a vegan doesn’t mean farewell to quality food. There are many recipes that could enhance your vegetarian diet which could be found by determined online researching.
- Try to learn as many varieties of grains, fruits and vegetables, for from now on, your life will need those flavorous diversities.
Things to watch out for:
- To facilitate a normal transition, it is advisable to seek advice of your physician. Sudden change in your diet and life style could harm you internally.
- Consult a doctor on a regular basis to diagnose any changes to your body. This however must be done even if you are not practicing veganism.
- To avoid deficiency of vitamins, take proper nutritional supplements. Most plants don’t have certain vitamins that any animal products could have.
- Some vegans exclude honey from their daily diet. So, examine sweets before use as they may contain honey or gelatin.
- If as a vegan, you are stressing too much on eating, better avoid excessive eating. You might become oversized.
- Unfortunately, many medicines are made of animal byproducts. In case you are sick, take your pills whether they contain fish oil or not.