Care in Diabetes ::
- Diabetic people must follow the tips listed below:
- Check your feet everyday for infections or cuts between the toes.
- Wash your feet everyday with warm water.
- Wear better-fitting shoes made up of soft material.
- Do not walk with a bare foot, always wear shoes or slippers.
- Always speak up to doctors about the poor sensation of toes or feet.
- Always keep toes, feet or legs dry and do regular trimming of nails.
- Do exercises which have minimum impact on feet.
- Consult a podiatrist to fix bunions, corns, and hammertoes.
- Manage to control blood sugar levels properly.
Nerve pain self-care
- Keep a hold: Controlling blood sugar levels.
- Work it out: Exercising releases natural painkillers (endorphins) and promotes blood flow to the nerves in the legs and feet.
- Look after them: One must take adequate foot care.
- Wash it off: A warm bath is an easiest and an inexpensive home treatment for nerve pain.
- Wipe it off: One should avoid heavy alcohol as it is neurotoxic.
- Sleep it off: One should sleep on time and should limit afternoon caffeine intake.
- Alternate barriers: Meditation and follow techniques like- guided imagery, biofeedback, and hypnosis help in relieving nerve pain in a better way.
- Block it: Vitamin B complex and Evening Primrose oil rich in omega-6 fatty acids could be helpful for nerve pain.
- Cream it up: Capsaicin cream can be applied for the nerve pain.
- Massage tip: Botanical oils can be used for nerve pain (geranium oil, lavender oil).
Principles for controlling diabetes
- Know everything related to diabetes.
- Get yourself checked regularly for diabetes.
- Be aware of how to control diabetes
- Take care of ABCs- A1C levels, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Monitor blood glucose levels, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Prevent long-term diabetic problems
- Get treatment for long-term problems