Coming close to the heels of the Nokia Lumia 800, the Nokia Lumia 710 becomes the second Windows phone from the mobile manufacturing giants. Run by the latest version of the operating system from Microsoft, 7.5 or Mango, it is primarily aimed at middle portion of the market. A compact and solid device, it weighs 136 g. It is available in only plain black and white colors, with four extra colors, i.e., blue, white, yellow and pink, available in the form of swappable covers.
Running on the impressive 1.4 Gz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor, it ensures a speedy performance for the phone, which is further complemented by a 512Mb RAM. Its 480*800 resolution, comes with a 3.7 inch ClearBlack touch screen, it means that it’s perfect for watching movies and playing games.
Its 5-megapixel camera has added features of LED flash, autofocus, etc. and it’s capable of capturing 720P HD movies. And all this can be accessed by a single dedicated button. It has a capacity of 8 GB internal memory and connectivity features include Bluetooth (v 1.0 with A2DP) and Wi-Fi. The phone is a great user friendly device, with various apps and with the option of adding more from the Windows marketplace.
Pricing and availability
It is scheduled to be launched in Taiwan, India, Russia, Hong Kong, and Singapore by the end of this year. And it will be launched in the rest of the markets worldwide sometime in the first quarter of 2012. It’s Priced at around £ 250.
Some of the great, outstanding and the exclusive features of this phone are
- Latest version of Windows operating system – version 7.5 or Mango.
- Fast, reliable and efficient processor in 1.4 GHz Qualcomm processor.
- Anti-glare screen, 3.7 inch touch screen.
- 5-Megapixel camera with capability of shooting till 2596*1460 pixels, and fantastic 720p HD videos.
- HSDPA of 14.4 Mbps, along with a Wi-Fi of 802.11 b/g/n, a 2.1+EDR Bluetooth with stereo audio, dual mics., a proximity sensor, a compass (magnetometer sensor), 3D accelerometer and a pleasant light sensor.
- Three exclusive apps from Windows, separating it from the rest – Nokia Maps (free maps), Nokia Music (online & offline music for free), Nokia Drive (turn-by-turn voice navigation for free).
- It’s cheaper as compared to smart phones of similar make.
What’s not so great?
- Dull touch screen, as compared to that of Lumia 800.
- 5MP camera, with nothing exceptional about it. For proper shots to be taken, well lit conditions are must.
- Look wise not up to the mark as compared to its predecessors.
As it has not been launched yet any other detailed review is not currently available.
Things to watch out for
It will be powered by the latest operating system and processor, allowing for a faster, reliable and an efficient use and handling. Its 5-Mp camera comes with the capability to shoot up to 2596*1490 pixels and also amazing 720p HD videos. It offers many useful and handy apps. It will also have access to the Windows market. Priced at £260 it is much affordable than other phones.
It is a good affordable smart phone that has limited features, but enough to satisfy the certain primary requirements of a smart phone. Loaded with the latest operating system from Windows, it promises on the performance side. Looks wise, it may lose some points but it is sure to make all that up in terms of performance, though the camera lacks some features.