Nowadays, many homeowners are considering Feng Shui while decorating and designing their homes to benefit from this ancient Chinese art of placement. A Bedroom is undoubtedly one of the most important rooms inside the home where you spend most of your time. If you are thinking to bring Feng Shui elements into your bedroom, you need to take care of some important things. A good Feng Shui bedroom relaxes you, strengthens romantic relationships and creates a cheerful and lively atmosphere inside the room with the flow of sensual energy. After the jump are some simple but important Feng Shui tips for your bedroom.
- Use bedroom as a bedroom only:
While it might be difficult to do so, but a good Feng Shui bedroom shouldn’t have any TV, computers or exercise equipment. It is believed in Feng Shui that the positive energy is destroyed if you have such items in your bedroom. However, if you just can’t stay away from your loved TV, it would be better to hide it in an armoire or cover it with something at night to avoid distraction. For other things like exercise gear and PC, you can use a room divider to keep them out of the sight.
- Correct bed positioning is important in Feng Shui:
The most important furniture piece in your bedroom is the bed and to benefit from Feng Shui, you must position it correctly. The head of the bed should always be held against the wall. If you place it against some window or under beams in the ceiling, the good chi can exit your bedroom. While you must make sure that the foot of the bed isn’t pointing to the door, the bed should be placed in such a way that it gives you clear view of the bedroom décor and the door.
- Say NO to clutter:
In Feng Shui, clutter in your bedroom can hinder the smooth flow of chi, which could lead to disturbed sleep and unhealthy relations. Whether it’s the nightstand drawers or the dresser, everything should be placed in an organized way and the clutter should be kept out of the sight. The area under the bed should be kept free according to Feng Shui and should not be used for storage of things. Arrange your bedroom furniture according to Feng Shui to enjoy the maximum benefits.
- Use right colors for perfect Feng Shui balance:
The proper use of Feng Shui colors inside your bedroom can bring in positive energies to help you live a relaxed, healthy lifestyle. The best Feng Shui colors for bedroom are skin colors, such as cream, peach, beige, yellow and coral. Colors like green, light blue and lavender are said to create a relaxing and restful atmosphere. Check out our guide on how to select Feng Shui colors for your home
Other Feng Shui Bedroom Tips:
1. In Feng Shui, mirrors are said to bounce back the energy and could result in restless sleep. A mirror should not be placed in the opposite direction of the door, the window or bed. While you may cover the mirrors with some fabric at night, try to avoid any mirrors in bedroom if you doubtful.
2. Avoid dull or sat artwork for the bedroom. Do not go for portraits or images with single person, which represents loneliness. Choose motivational art for the bedroom and you can hang it on the wall opposite to your bed, so that it’s always in the sight.
3. To ensure a positive chi flow at night, make sure all the bedroom doors are kept closed.
4. The air quality plays an important role in Feng Shui. You can keep the windows open during the day or even use an air purifier for the same.
5. When it comes to bedroom lighting in Feng Shui, for different levels or you can use a dimmer to adjust the light to your needs. There should be no ceiling lights over the bed. Non-toxic candles are considered to be the best lighting option for the bedroom.