An archway is a classy way to bring in some tasteful architecture to your living rooms. Check out this list of archway designs and ideas you can incorporate in your homes.
Archway designs for your living room
- Wooden archway – Most of just love wood when it comes to our homes. We use it everywhere, on floors, in cabinetsm shelves , beds, everywhere. If you are a loer of wood, then your archway can reflect the same sentiment like the rest of the house decor. A classic wooden arch gives definition to the rooms that it combines and adds personality to the rest of the house.
- Stone archway – A stone archway will bring in a romantic feel to the whole house and transcend you to better places. You can either keep it plain, brick-like or go for some ornate ones to seem like you are inside a castle. Anything works well when it is a stone archway. Just make sure it blend in with the mood of the entire house.
- Modern archway that blends in – If you like archways but do not want to go for ornate ones but rather something that is modern and in line with your sense of style, there is no reason to forego on your desire. A classic curve done in the same tones like the rest of the room will make the arch seem like just another part of the room .
- Blend of colors – With an archway, you can work your way with pastels and whites and make them stand out. Pleasant blues and whites, creams and wooden tones are combinations that will work well for your living room and have a calming effect on the occupants. If you are using one color for the living room and the dining room, make ure the colors you use on the arch go well with the rest of the colors on the doors, cabinets, shelves, window, etc. It will create a unifying effect and make the whole room one entity.
- Archway that covers the entire wall – Archways can either serve as a part of a wall like a path to another room or cover the entire wall. Archways which cover the entire wall from one end to the other are a perfect solution when you are working on a smaller space. It combines two rooms while distinguishing them at the same time.