If you are sick of diets that promote the same approach day after day, The 17 Day Diet is just the right thing for you. No matter how much weight you want to lose this plan supports you, so that you do this quick and it also your body will be much healthier at the end of this diet plan.
This diet plan is in fact, three cycles, each of them last 17 days, plus a long term one for maintenance:
- First cycle, also called “Accelerate“, takes your calorie intake down to approximately 1,200 calories per day. After this cycle you should lose up to 10-15 pounds, most of which is water weight.
- Second cycle is called “Activate“. It alternates the food plan with a little higher calorie intake. The constant changing between cycles resets your metabolism. The weight loss should be around 5-6 pounds.
- Third cycle is called “Achieve“. This cycle help you stabilize and develop good eating habits. In this cycle you should drop another 2 to 3 pounds
- The fourth and final cycle is called “Arrive” and it is ongoing. After you arrive at your goal weight you follow meal plans from one of the earlier cycles during on weekdays and delight yourself with your favourite foods on weekends.
During the first two cycles it is recommended to exercise at least 17 minutes a day. Because your calorie intake is limited you should do some easy exercises like walking. After the first two cycles you can boost your exercise to 150-300 minutes per week for continued weight loss.
What you can eat
Here is a sample day's plan from first cycle:
- Unlimited lean protein
- Unlimited non-starchy vegetables
- 2 low-sugar fruits
- 2 probiotics (low-fat yogurt)
- 1-2 servings of friendly fats
- Green tea
- 8 glasses of water
Second cycle has lots of fluids, unlimited lean protein and non-starchy vegetables, 2 low-sugar fruits, 2 probiotics and 1 serving of friendly fats . Also, during this phase, you alternate lower-calorie days with higher-calorie days.
Third cycle is basically the same as cycle two, except protein is restricted to little portions and an added option for one serving of alcohol.
Fourth cycle. If you have met your goal weight, this phase is about maintaining the new you. During this phase you should follow the guidance from cycle 1, 2 or 3 and when the weekend comes, let loose.