Almonds are not only delicious but also nutritious in every way and you can happily choose to eat a few almonds every day. They are a great source of nutrition and people of all ages can enjoy the health benefits. Some of the health benefits of almonds are:
1. Almonds help in decreasing the bad cholesterol and help to increase the good cholesterol. This helps to keep the serum cholesterol and triglycerides level within normal range and also protect the heart vessels from damage. This reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and helps to improve the longevity of life.
2. Regular consumption of almonds reduces the risk of heart disease as they are a great source of omega-3-fatty acids. This thus reduces the risk of heart attacks.
3. Almonds are a great source of fatty acids that help in brain development and are used for young children during their growing years. For people in middle ages, it can be of great help in boosting the brain power and improving the overall functioning.
4. They help to nourish the nervous system and improve the intellectual functioning.
5. Almonds can provide healthy fats, help to reduce unhealthy fats and thus help in weight loss programs also.
6. Almonds are free of gluten hence can be consumed by people with celiac disease, who are on restricted diets.
7. They are a great source of vitamins and minerals and can be consumed on a daily basis to get the required nutrition.
8. Almond oil is used for various purposes like giving internally, applying to skin and hair. It is used as carrier oil in aromatherapy where essential oils are mixed with it for healing purposes. It is used in cosmetic preparations to make face creams, body lotions, soaps, hair oil and other products.