Eating nutritious food is very essential for good health. The choice of your food has a direct impact on your health. Good nutrition that comes from good food is must to obtain and maintain a healthy lifestyle. A diet lacking in nutrition is an open invitation to several diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart diseases. Here are some important tips to be kept in mind for getting a healthy and prosperous life.
- The first step for getting good health is to avoid foods that poor in nutrition and these include foods containing high amounts of saturated fats, trans-fats, cholesterol, sodium and sugars such as fatty meats, creams, pastries and candies. However tasty these foods may be, they are hazardous to your health and can cause weight related problems too. One should restrict the intake of such foods to certain occasions only.
- Secondly, you should add whole lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. According to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, one should include at least three to four servings of fruits and three to five servings of vegetables in your daily diet to obtain maximum health benefits. It is because they contain sufficient amounts of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber that help in disease prevention and maintenance of health.
- Try to avoid refined grains and include whole grains in your daily diet. Unprocessed food grains like oatmeal, brown rice, whole-wheat bran, bran flakes cereal, wheat germ and whole-grain pasta contain large amounts of fiber and nutrients.
- Plant based proteins should be preferred over animal based proteins since the latter contains more amounts of high calorie fats. Plant based proteins such as beans, legumes and nuts contain low amount of saturated fats and hence are good for the health. They also contain more amounts of fiber and nutrients than the red meat or other animal-based proteins.
- You should utilize or burn the calories that you take through various exercises. Right food together with regular exercise is the key to a healthy lifestyle. It is very important t be active physically in order to gain a healthy and disease free life. However, you should always concern your physician before beginning any new exercise or diet plan, as it will help you.
We all have been used to the famous proverb – “Health is Wealth” and all the above tips will help you get a healthy lifestyle and feel much better.