If you suffer from sudden anxiety, palpitations, breathlessness, trembling, nausea or excessive sweating, you may be suffering from panic attack. In this case, the first thing you need to do is realize your condition and its severity. You need to try and focus on what triggers your panic attacks and then work towards solving the problem. Losing control comes with panic attacks and may affect your daily life. However, panic attacks are completely curable with a little patience and dedication. You need to remember that you are not the only one suffering from this disorder. Realizing this is the first step towards the cure of panic attacks. You also need to have strength of mind as well as the readiness to transform. Only then can you gain control over your panic attacks. Here’re some instructions that will help you in curing panic attacks.
Complexity Level: Moderate
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Will Power
- Willingness to change
1. Know what triggers your panic attacks
It is necessary for you to know what your fears are. You cannot panic attacks on your own if you do not know what causes it. Once you know what prompts your panic attacks, it becomes easier to tackle them.
2. Gain control over the situation
It is necessary for you to relax to gain control over the situation. Take deep breaths, think positive,listen to good music and try and sort the situation out rationally in your mind. Once you relax, you will be able to assess the situation and your condition in a better light.
3. Talk to a loved one
Instead of trying to deal with the situation by yourself, share your feelings and apprehensions with friends, family or loved ones. Talking about it and sharing your fears with someone will help you in getting an objective view of your panic attacks.
4. Get medical advice and help
Consult a physician who is expert in dealing the cases of panic attacks. Get a clear idea as to what kind of panic attack you are suffering from. Also, find out if you need medical help. There are different kinds of medicines that may be taken under a doctor’s guidance, which can help in treating panic attacks. Regular therapy may also be helpful for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are panic attacks curable?
Panic attacks are completely curable. You just need determination and the resolve. If necessary, you can take help of medicines and therapy to cure panic attacks.
2. Can panic attacks be cured with the help of herbal medicines?
Panic attacks can be cured with the help of herbal medication. Herbal medicines that can help in curing panic attacks include kava kava, valerian, passionflower tea and lemon balm. However, consult your doctor before taking any kind of medicine.
3. Can panic attacks be prevented?
Panic attacks may not be completely prevented but may be reduced to a large extent. Following simple steps like getting adequate sleep, regular meditation and handling stress rationally may prevent panic attacks to a large extent. Also, knowing your fears and facing them may help in the prevention of panic attacks.
1. Face your fears rationally instead of avoiding the issue.
2. Take deep breaths to relax.
3. Try to think of a positive event or thing.
4. Listen to music or sing a song.
Things To Watch Out For:
1. Do not avoid the fears and situations that trigger a panic attack. Instead, face them and sort them out.
2. An unhealthy lifestyle may trigger frequent panic attacks. You have to be careful to not take too much caffeine or alcohol, and consume plenty of green vegetables and lean protein. Also ensure you do regular exercises.
3. Do not let the situation control you rather control the situation. Regular meditation is necessary.
4. If you have panic attacks for which you cannot find any explanation, consult a doctor.
5. Never take medicines for panic attacks without consulting a doctor.