Dos, Don’ts, and Precautions:
- Do follow the doctor-prescribed diet. The patient has to eat food which has less salt
- Follow –up regularly while monitoring signs of infection and rejection
- Liquid diet is prescribed post-surgery. Low salt solids are to be included in the diet gradually
- The patient should walk slowly first, then start to resume normal day to day activities
- Patients are instructed about their dressing care, how to monitor symptoms of infection or rejection etc before being discharged from hospital.
- Patients have to be extremely careful after surgery to avoid infections
Kidney Transplantation patients have to consume immunosuppressive medicines lifelong. Complete recovery can take about 6 months. Post-transplant, constant medical care and doctor guidance can prevent complications. Successful transplantation can help the patient to live a healthy and long life.