Travelling in the winter with safe measures and reaching the destinations without any trouble is very important. As it is a winter season we can effect with snow, ice sleet or freezing rain. Following the proper tips and facing the winter is the nice idea. Those who are driving should know the safety rules for dealing the problems in winter. Here are the some of the tactics and ideas to help how to avoid the problems in winter.
Major problems in winter travelling:
- Due to the heavy snow fall your machine can’t start easily.
- The roads become treacherous and fully covered with snow.
- Slush is often as slippery as ice, but both are potential danger.
- Visibility is effected by the winter conditions
- The windshields are often ice or fog covered.
- The skin rapidly becomes dry due to the climatic condition.
- The storm with heavy snow blocks may damage your vehicle while travelling.
Winter travel tips:
- Check the weather report and plan according to that.
- Keep at least half tank of oil in spare all the time.
- Carry the extra clothes and emergency items with you like gloves, coat, boots, blanket, jumper cables, flashlight and a scraper.
- Check the vehicle before planning the travel. The vehicle should ready to travel in the winter climate.
- Make sure that the battery is fully charged and can use when in need.
- Check the tire pressure before starting.
- If driving in a snow you should be more careful.
- If you are travelling in the snow drive slowly while turning the corners. Slow down your vehicle and then turn the corners.
- Taking care of the skin during the winter time is the most important thing. Keep moisture your face and body using the proper creams to prevent from dryness.
- Drink more water because the weather is chilly, dehydration might start.
- Eat proper food. Avoid the sugar related items.
- Winter travel is much more fatiguing compared with summer so stop and take breaks for every hour.
- If you got stuck better stay in the vehicle than getting out.
- Turn on the lights of the vehicle in the day time because the snow is fully covered and the vehicle is not seen in those situations.
- Use the seat belts every time you enter the vehicle.
- Know your route and keep tracking the weather report for every 10 min.
- Traveling on the mountain areas is more risky thing. So maximum try to avoid the hill areas.
Necessary to carry:
- Hats – These are useful to keep in warm. It covers the back of the neck.
- Shoes – Wearing the good winter traveling shoes protects your feet from the chillness of snow.
- Gloves – carry the thin, waterproof and light gloves. The waterproof gloves is useful in the worst weather.
- Clothing – using the woollen clothes like sweater gives you more warm and can easily face the chillness.
- Polarized Sunglasses – Even weaker winter sunlight, when reflected off snow may harm and rough on your eyes. So this glasses will help you lot.