The high spirits and unconditional fun is what you can load yourself with Munich Oktoberfest, most commonly known as Munich beer festival. This gigantic and extravagant event is all set to drag you with the waves of unlimited fun and cheers. A blissful event with whole lot of folks being the aspiring participants is quite a menial way to describe this event. The more you show, the more you get, show up here. The hardcore beer lovers land up to this German city to taste wide variety of beer and take some with them. To get into celebrations, the rich and the famous, the poor and the mediocre, all in one in this festival. A great way to set your boundaries in this knitted circle of grand and unlimited fun.
- The event originated in the year 1810 and have survived through various up and downs. With more ups indeed, the festival is now turned into one gala event to let you mesmerize throughout. It has attained a high reputation and honor which could be witnessed by the high aspirational participants bonding up with this festival. An estimation of around six million people taking part in this festival every year.
- The grand opening of this festival is related with a ceremonial procession of colorfully well draped breed horses making their way to the Schwanthaler Strasse towards the Theresienweise.
- The festival starting from 21st September to 6th of October marks its initiation by the tapping of the beer bottle by the mayor himself. The 16 day festival carries a scenario which cannot be described and altogether makes one story depicting any fairyland. Hard to believe, but it is going to surprise you.
- The event is vast and what makes it the same is the annual commercial value of Munich Oktoberfest is 0.7 billion Euro. The folks gathering here gets into an accommodation of 14 tents and 100,000 people can reside at one time. About 5.5 million liters of beer is consumed with countless pounds of fried chicken and cattle being intake.
- The festival does not hold on only beer and booze, there are several relevant attributes associated with Munich beer fest. If you are music enthusiast, you must not miss this as the tents are playing various genres of music at different time slots. To unleash the unlimited treasures of this fest, the festival is bringing something extra each time, lets see what surprises it has for you this time.
- To get gel up with your comfort, the festival has brought several other dimensions to meet your niche. Accommodation is well managed and rules are made which are beyond the norm and conditions of the fest.
|Saturday||21.09.13||11 a.m.||Arrival of the tent patrons with parade through Munich.|
|Saturday||21.09.13||12 p.m.||Tapping of the first Octoberfest-beer-barrel by the Munich mayor in the Schottenhamel Tent.|
|Sunday||22.09.13||10 a.m.||Traditional costume parade through Munich.|
|Monday||23.09.13||09 a.m.12.00 p.m.||Oktoberfest tour for 1200 preschool children, invited by the City of Munich, the performers and the hosts.Special lunch for senior citizens in the big tents.|
|Tuesday||24.09.13||12 p.m. – 6 p.m.||1. Family day: all rides and performances cost less.|
|Thursday||26.09.13||10 a.m.||Traditional religious Oktoberfest mass in the Hippodrom-tent.|
|Sunday||29.09.13||11 a.m.||Traditional concert of the Oktoberfest brass-bands at the feet of the Bavaria.|
|Tuesday||01.10.13||12 p.m. – 6 p.m.||2. Family day: all rides and performances cost less.|
|Thursday||03.10.13||12 p.m.||Senior showman meeting in the Hippodrom.|
|Sunday||06.10.13||12 p.m.||Traditional gun-salute on the steps of the Bavaria monument.|