The main food of Bora Bora Island is fish. This island is Excellent in local cuisine where French style dishes mend with the island’s natural source of delicious fish and juicy fruit. Food is always one of the primary attractions when you plan to visit a new place; it’s often said that the real ethnicity and culture of place can be gauged through its dishes and culinary styles. Bora Bora is one such place that is known for its extensive cuisines and sumptuous delicacies – be it for breakfast, lunch, snacks or dinner you will never be in loss of experimental food out here, make sure to try all of them and get satiated. Top 10 mouth-watering and amazing cuisines in Bora Bora are-
- Sushi – This dish was first introduced in South East Asia which is prepared with fish and rice. In Bora Bora sushi is prepared with the fresh fish which has been directly brought from the ocean with local ingredients and sweet rice. Sushi is a fresh meal prepared with fresh fish catches in the island.
- Foie Gras – This is a famous French dishes which is prepared with Bora Bora’s unique techniques. A foie gras is a mixture of seeped in purple egg plant with spices of a island is a wonderful twist on the customary dish.
- Rotisserie Pork – This dish is best dish cooked with fresh pork and the slices with pineapple are the finest way to pamper your taste. It is a local famous dish of island which promises a fresh taste of the island.
- Mahi Mahi dish – It is usually prepared with vanilla sauce. The tourist of the Bora Bora really enjoy this dish and been appreciate by them. The vanilla they used in this dish is grown in Bora Bora Island so we can see fresh vanilla dishes in this island. This dish is considered as best dish in Bora Bora.
- Tahitian Vanilla Panna Cotta – It is an Island-grown orchids which produce vanilla distinct any other. It is prepared with fresh cream and sugar which is chilled with vanilla; this smooth dessert is a definite blaze after dinner enjoyment.
- Banana or Papaya Puree – This purees known as po’e is the most popular dessert served on the island. The purees are usually baked, covered with sugar and coconut milk.
- Poisson Cru – It is a national dish of French Polynesia. Poisson cru means a raw fish in French which tastes best. Firstly, the fish is lightly cooked in lemon juice and then it is mixed with fresh salad and bathed in coconut milk. Mostly the poisson cru is prepared with fresh tuna and also includes chicken, pork, sweet potatoes, bread fruit, rice, local fruits too.
- Tahitian fruit pudding – It is a famous fruit pudding found in all restaurants. It is an traditional dish of the island. Originally the pudding was covered in banana leaves and then to be baked in the fire pit. This easy baked edition is easier in the current kitchen.
- Appetizers – It include royal seafood salad with lobster, tiger prawns and caviar, and seared ahi tuna with vanilla oil, potatoes and lemon juice, while entrees include mahi mahi in a banana curry crust with mashed sweet potatoes and mango sauce.
- The trio – This dish is prepared with Tahitian fish for a real taste of French Polynesia. This dish includes island flavors like vanilla, curry or lime. It is the favourite dish of the tourist of bora bora.
If you are a fish lover, Bora Bora is a place for you. Other dishes served here are equally tasty, healthy and tantalizing.