When we visit a doctor for consultation, we get a list of food products that we need to be abstain from. Unfortunately, those food products are amongst our favorites! There is common myth that generally delicious and tasty food is responsible for various diseases. But it isn’t true in all cases. Certain food which are among our favorites contribute equally to the nutrient requirements of the body. Here I list down 8 foods which help us in fighting diseases. And they are delicious too!
Here is the list of 8 delicious foods which fight diseases:
1. Whole grain pasta
- So are you an Italian foodie? Do pasta completes your food dish? In that case, whole grain pasta is your perfect choice. The content of antioxidant in it equals that in fresh fruits and green vegetables. Also the polyphenols which is an anti-cancer component is also present in it. It is rich in fiber as well that helps to lower blood pressure and maintains cholesterol level thereby reducing heart diseases. It is healthier by three times than refined pasta. So, here is your choice for the healthier feast.
- 2. Yogurt
- Yogurt makes a perfect combo with almost any diet whether it may be boiled vegetables or a plate of rice. Yogurt helps in nullifying the acidity and thus maintains the acid content required for food digestion. Moreover, it has riboflavin which is a great anti-oxidant promoter. Our body cells have Glutathione which is an antixidant but it requires vitamin riboflavin to function. So yogurt acts as a fuel to Glutathione. Dont forget to take a small bowl of yogurt in your diet daily.
- 3. Popcorns
- Every movie is incomplete without Popcorns! Popcorns is a popular snack that helps in fulfilling our hunger faster due to its high fiber content. Moreover, polyphenols is also present in it which is a anti-cancer component. Avoid popcorns with butter or other add-on flavors
- 4. Eggs
- Leafy vegetables such as Spinach contains high amount of lutein which is recommended incase of macular degeneration and eye cataract. Egg yolk, although have low content of lutein but it is absorbed very fast compared to spinach and thereby eggs are healthy. Moreover the protein content in the egg is next to breast milk. Protein helps in providing food to brain. So eggs is healthy and yummier food for your brain.
- 5. Canned beans
- It is referred to as the bachelors food.The unhealthy food habits of singles can be taken over by canned beans available at nearby store. Canned beans gives a healthy choice for those who want quick nutrients. The small beans have great amount of antioxidant and refreshes your brain too, followed by kidney beans and black beans. The darker canned beans have high amount of phytochemicals, the plant compounds which helps us repair the damaged DNA and neutralize free radicals.
- 6. Canola Oil
- Oil, the three letter word may seem like a nightmare to heart patients. But canola oil is the product, they would crave for because it has Alphatocopherol which prevents oxidation of the fats in the LDL cholesterol thereby preventing formation of free radicals. Include Canola oil in your food preparations from today itself and live a healthier life.
- 7. Organic Milk
- It is a proved fact that milk of the cows that feed on organic grass have higher portion of antioxidants than those who do not.The antioxidants found in cow milk include beta-carotene, lutein and Vitamin E. If not milk, try to have cow cheese in your diet.
- 8. Natural Sweeteners
- Natural sweeteners are a great option to replace the refined sugars. Maple syrup honey, brown sugar and molasses are the common natural sweeteners which are high in antioxidants.
So its evident that not all foods are harmful for our body but some are extremely good for our health. Make sure you have a healthy diet and a healthy life.