Successful persons have the required hard core competencies related to their work. They have the job knowledge, right perception and the required skill sets for their role. But is that the only thing they possess? Or there is something more to their knowledge and expertise.
The fact is that while job specific expertise is significant, for a successful career there is a lot more to it. There are many other factors that can make a difference in your career, life and relationships.
Simple things like your personality, your body language and ways of communication, problem solving ability and similar other skills matter a lot when it comes to earning a name in your respective field. These are called ‘soft skills’ and although they seem simple they are more effective than anything else; especially when they are backed up by a strong professional knowledge.
Soft skills can be individual characteristics that you may have inherited or may have developed since childhood. For example, some people are born with leadership qualities and their skills become visible at a very early age. Similarly some are good in problem solving; some are excellent speakers or brilliant in planning and management.
The good news is that apart from what you have learned during your growing years, most of the soft skills required for a successful career can be learned by training and practicing. It is important to remember that the present era is of showcasing one’s expertise and talents.
Importance of soft skills training
With the changing trends and globalization, things have rapidly changed in the business world. Multi-national companies, business outsourcing, international travel, etc have all added to the need for executives to be knowledgeable and equally presentable.
Most of the times executives are involved in managing teams, mentoring, making presentations, attending conferences and such other activities that require soft skills. Satisfying the customer is your ultimate goal, whether they are internal customers like your subordinates, colleagues or superiors or external customers that actually influence your organization’s business.
Soft skills are some of those hidden qualities that you will never find as a part of the job description. While there are plenty of talented candidates for a particular position, not all make up to the peak. The reason is their soft skills. Soft skills are the factors that help in differentiating just talented individuals from the real deserving one. When it is clear that soft skills can make such a difference in your career and life, getting trained in it becomes essential.
Benefits of soft skill training
Soft skills training will help you enhance your existing skills and groom you to fit into the ever-changing business trends. It will not only help you in your professional but also your personal life. Some of the benefits of getting trained are
• Makes you stand out from the rest
• Helps you to transform you into a better person and get a cutting edge above others
• Improves your self confidence and builds a more positive attitude
• Helps you develop good relations with superiors and subordinates
• Better communication helps you in your personal life
• Helps to minimize your stress and increase productivity
Soft skills training
Some of the soft skill trainings that can help you in your endeavors are
• Communication skills – For effective communication, to avoid conflicts due to miscommunication and convey your ideas smoothly to your customers.
• Personality development – An exceptional personality entering into a group is work half done.
• Time management – For effectual management of time and successful planning and execution of activities.
• Leadership skills – To enhance your existing skills and be considered as a potential candidate for bigger roles and responsibilities.
• Presentation skills – For learning to deliver effective presentations and being able to put forth your concepts and other facts in a professional and appealing manner to bring out the desired results from your audience.
Invite Dr Prem for Workshop | InCorporate Training
The workshops run in a very creative and interactive manner. The trainings are specially designed to make it more interesting and impart a practical understanding among the participants.
- Importance of Regular Training
- Short Training Courses by Dr Prem
- Benefits of Short Training Courses
- In-corporate training by Dr Prem
- Small group training or workshops
- One to One Executive Training by Dr Prem
Get Online Training Any Time & Any Where.