Will Smith has led an inspirational life. He has achieved massive success and he has maintained his popularity for 25 years. In 2007, Newsweek called him the most powerful actor in Hollywood. Coming from a modest background in Philadelphia, he has amassed a small fortune of $290 million, which continues to grow exponentially.
We have compiled the top 16 Will Smith quotes from the man himself for you to enjoy.
1. I love living, its infectious. Its something that you can’t fake. I have a great time with my life and I want to share it.
2. Greatness is not an elusive feature that only the special among us will ever taste. Its something that truly exists in all of us. Its achieved by knowing what you believe, and be willing to die for it. I know who I am, what I believe, and that’s all I need to know. Others can go and do what they need to do. Its simple.
3. Where you are is not where you’re going to be. Where you are almost doesn’t matter. You are becoming something greater.
4. The separation of talent and skill is a misunderstood concept by many. Talent is given to you naturally, but skill is crafted by hours and hours of mastering your craft. Excel in having a ridiculous work ethic. When others are sleeping, be working. When others are eating, be working.
5. Dedicate yourself to getting better every single day. Progress is being alive
6. Don’t be afraid to die on the treadmill. Others may be stronger than me, or smarter than me, but no one will ever beat me. They will either get off first or I’m going to die on the treadmill.
7. When you’re building a wall, you don’t think that you’re going to build the biggest wall that’s ever been built. You say “I’m going to lay this brick, as perfectly as a brick can be layed”, and soon you will have a wall.