Quotes By The 14th Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama XIV, Tenzin Gyatso, is the longest living and current head of the of the Gelugpa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. As well as a head of state in exile, he is also a Nobel Peace Prize winner. He has traveled the world, advocating for the Tibetans, teaching Tibetan Buddhism and talking about the importance of compassion as the source of a happy life. His quotes are often recited as a source of enlightened knowledge and his teachings have become very popular in the west.
We have accumulated the Top 10 Dalai Lama Quotes and we present them here for your attention.
Dalai Lama Quotes
1. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
2. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
3. “Love is the absence of judgment.”
4. “There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties or how painful the experience, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”
5. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
6. “Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
7. “Silence is sometimes the best answer”
8. “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
9. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
10. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
For more Dalai Lama quotes and information on his Buddhist teachings, check out his best selling book, The Art Of Happiness.
If you enjoyed this article, please share on Facebook and Twitter.