Langkawi is one of the most beautiful islands of Malaysia located in the northwestern part of the peninsula. The island is duty free and is quite famous among tourists. This place offers a variety of popular eco-tourism activities, which can be enjoyed throughout the year. The island has many world-class attractions, duty free shopping malls, luxury resorts and hotels for a delightful vacation.
Once you are in Langkawi, you cannot afford to visit some ‘must-see’ places, such as:
1. Pantal Cenang is one of the most famous beaches located in the southwestern part of the island. The beach has many resorts, five star hotels, spas and attractions. The Pantal Cenang beach also offers adventurous activities like surfing, Para sailing, jet skiing and horse riding. The beach stretches a few kilometers and offers a number of bars with great music, shopping areas and much more.
2. One of the greatest attractions of Langwaki is the cable car at the Machinchang Mountain and Oriental Village, which is a themed shopping center. The cable car offers a different experience with an excellent view of the island from the mountaintop.
3. The Underwater Park at Langwaki is one of the largest marine aquariums in South Asia, which makes it one of the most visited tourist destinations in Langwaki. The Underwater Park has a huge 15-metre long walk-through tunnel with many seawater houses consisting of a number of big fishes and sea creatures including penguins.
4. Hole in the Wall Floating Restaurant is a unique and famous attraction as the place has all sorts of different marine fish. It also has a stingray feeding session, where visitors can participate in feeding huge stingrays.
5. Telaga Tujuh Waterfall means ‘seven wells’ is a beautiful waterfall with a collection of seven different intertwined pools around Mat Cincang Mountain. A perfect destination for nature buffs, climbers and hikers.
6. Duty free shopping at Langwaki is a rage among tourists. The shopping areas offer branded utensils, sports items, gadgets and much more.
7. The Langkawi Crocodile Farm has the largest number of crocodile and alligator species. The place offers boxing match between a man and crocodile and you can also take a ride on rickshaws drawn by crocodiles.
8. Langkawi Batik is famous as the art village, also known as Atma Alam. The village offers traditional Malay architecture with beautiful interiors flanked with comfortable shopping areas. You can explore the art galleries, workshops, showrooms and decorative ceramic items.
Langkawi is one of the best vacation spots with so many places to visit that make your holiday all fun and frolic!