If you thought that traveling is only fun for those who have loads of cash in their pocket, then you are wrong! Budget traveling is the latest fad this season, with more and more families and couples opting for traveling on a rather strict budget. This is because budget traveling not just saves you from burning a hole in your pocket, but when planned well, it also helps you to enjoy your travel in utmost ways. So, instead of choosing business class, try cheaper airlines, look for trendy hostels instead of 3 or 5 star hotels and opt for a budget that gives you the autonomy to enjoy without overspending.
Also, try these simple do’s and don’ts to ensure that you vacation become memorable even on a budget.
- Daily Budget: Assign a daily budget for your trip. For instance, if you are going on a ten day vacation, then use your phone calculator and decide how you would divide your total budget in ten days. Also, leave some extra cash in the budget for emergency purposes. This way you will know how much you can afford.
- Be an early bird: Choose to book your trip and be an early bird for bigger and better discounts on your flight bookings.
- Stay in central area: Opt for hostel, hotel or apartment that is centrally located. This will ensure that your cost of transportation is less and you don’t have to waste your time wandering on foot.
- Skip souvenir Shops: Well, do you really want to get an Eiffel Tower keychain for your buddies? Souvenir shops are costly and will throw you off the budget, so better skip them.
- Shopping at local markets: Local markets are the best way to shop for region specific items, and they are cheaper too!
- Be confused by exchange rate: Always know the exchange rate of your currency with the one that you are traveling. For instance, know how much an Australian Dollar is worth American dollar. Confusion will lead to chaos, so better avoid that.
- Travel during peak season: Don’t travel during the on-season, as during the peak the bustling crowds are more, hotels are more expensive and flights are more costly.
- Cheapest option: Just because an accommodation is cheaper than others doesn’t mean that it shall be nearly as good as others. Therefore, don’t just opt for any random cheapest option. Find the perfect accommodation through internet beforehand.
- Underestimate the power of breakfast buffet: Not a lot of people are breakfast lovers, but that doesn’t mean that you should skip the buffet in your hotel. Eat as much as you want so that you are filled and energetic for rest of the day. In fact, you can even nab and keep a muffin or some fruit for later.