Are you a true Harry Potter fan who has seen all his movies, read all the series? If yes, then you are one of those fans who take pleasures and revel in the magical world of Harry Potter. But sadly, the series has met an end with the epic finale, ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Part 2.’ Still, this doesn’t mean that you will have to leave your craze for this magical fantasy. Since you are a true Potter fan, this is just the beginning, from where you can embark on a journey of five places that as a Harry Potter fan you must visit!
Here, now we turn our magic wand, say ‘Abracadabra’ and present you with a list of names that you should visit as a Potter fan-
- Florida- The magnificent Wizarding world of Harry Potter is located in Orlando, Florida. The place is an amusement park and part of Universal Studios. The park has three outmost amazing rides which include Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogriff and the amazing Dragon challenge bringing out all your memories of Harry Potter movies. After you had all your fun, it’s time to grab a bite at the ‘Three Broomsticks’ and a glass of Butterbeer before you head out for shopping at stores like Honeydukes and Zonko’s Joke shop. And don’t let your tour over before visiting Ollivanders Wand Shop, where you can choose your wizardry wand
- The Warner Bros. Studio- The Warner Bros. Studio tour is one of the thrilling Harry potter tours. Just 20 minutes from London, The Warner Bros. studio offers an exclusive tour to Harry Potter fans and you can get to visit all different locations, which are used to film all eight Harry Potter movies. Sounds exciting, right? The tour will start as you step into the Great Hall, then into Hagrid’s Hut you explore the magnificent Dumbledore’s Office and stroll down the Hogwarts Bridge where you can dream about spending time in Gryffindor common room. Later, enter the Diagon Alley which has shops like Ollivanders, Flourish and Blotts, Weasleays Wizard Wheezes, beautiful Eeylops Owl Emporium and incredible Gringotts Bank. The tour will also take you to visit behind the scenes activities and witness some iconic props in the movie like Sirius Black’s motorbike and many more. And when you visit, don’t forget to go to the special station!
Yes! We are talking about Harry Potter’s Station. There isn’t a doubt about the fact that you must have fallen in love with the station as soon as you have watched Harry Potter’s first movie ‘The Philosophers Stone.’ Actually it is the London’s Kings Cross station, which is the official starting point of Hogwarts Express. The station filmed in the Harry Potter movies is mainly the platform 4 and 5, though in the movie it is depicted between 9 and 10. Harry Potter fans from all around the world visit the King cross station and take pictures with the disappearing luggage trolley into the walls under sign reading Platform 9 ¾ .
- Hogwarts Express – How about travelling via Hogwarts express? Yup now you can also travel via Hogwarts express as the West Highland Line owns the magnificent steam train which is used as Hogwarts express in Harry Potter movies. The train is known as ‘Jacobite’ which runs along the Scotland’s west coast area from Fort William to Mallaig. You can actually ride and sit in the compartments just like the Hogwarts students. In the movie the train crosses the Glenfinnan Viaduct which is a famous bridge in Scotland.
- Alnwick Castle – Alnwick Castle is pictured as the Hogwarts castle in movies like ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ and ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’. The castle is just magnificent and one of the beautiful places to visit in Northumberland, England. The castle is also used in many movies like Elizabeth and Robin Hood. So how about spending a day wandering around this Huge castle but make sure you don’t get lost. The touring exhibition is a must visit for all Harry potter fans who want to witness some really cool magical props or buy some costumes right from the Harry Potter movies. You will find every artifact in the Harry Potter exhibition stating from Great Hall, Dumbledore’s office, Hagrid’s small hut, the spectacular burrow, and things from many other locations. The exhibition is huge about 15,000 square feet and you can find stores at various locations like Chicago, Boston, New York City, Seattle, Singapore and Sydney.
- Leakycon- Leakycon is an annual Harry Potter convention where every single Harry Potter fan must go. The Leakycon usually takes place in U.S and you can actually participate in some cool wizardry games, costume contest, and discussion panels. The Leakycon also feature ‘end of the year feast’ just like in the movie and a spectacular ball.