Traveling is one of the favorite hobbies of most people around the world. With the means of transportation from one place to another being so easy and fast nowadays, traveling has become more convenient for people all across the globe. As millions of people travel each year to foreign places as tourists, it has become increasingly necessary for the tourists to take care of themselves and remain away from unwanted troubles in foreign places. It is not an unknown fact that every country has different rules and regulations for the public and so, it is very important for a tourist to learn them beforehand in order to avoid troubles in other countries. So, if you are greatly interested to learn the culture of other places and also have a lot of fun without getting into trouble then, make sure you know the basic do’s and don’ts necessary while traveling:
- Always be friendly, polite and courteous to people around you while traveling. Show your respect to their tradition and culture even if you think they are funny.
- Always make small groups of three or five persons while traveling in a foreign place. It is even better if the group includes both the genders.
- Do a little research on the place you are going to visit. Learning a few things about your traveling destination beforehand can provide you with a lot of benefits.
- Make photocopies of your passport and visas and keep them safely with yourself in a separate place. Also, hand over another copy to your emergency contact person.
- Keep yourself updated with the international and local news of the place where you are staying. Also, make sure you always carry the number of your country’s embassy.
- Avoid carrying a lot of cash with yourself. Carry a minimum amount of cash, which will not attract unnecessary attention.
- Avoid traveling in places considered as risky by the local people.
- Do not travel alone and avoid traveling in a very large group of 10 or 12 people. This will attract attention from the local authorities as well as from the criminals.
- Don’t get drunk in unknown bars and clubs in a foreign city. This will make you prone to become victims of small crimes.
- When in an airport, never ever make jokes about bombs, terrorists, hijackings or smuggling. The airport authorities are very serious regarding securities and you may have to face a lot of trouble just because of a silly, mindless joke. So, make sure you always think before you leap while you are in the airport.