With even the names of islands like Maui, Oahu, Lanai and of course Hawaii sounding so beautiful, it is of no wonder that the Hawaiian islands offer so much in terms of a holiday to its visitors. Hordes of tourists visit the island round the year; it’s specially a loved destination for the tourists. The beautiful places, exciting activities and enjoyable climate altogether make Hawaii a perfect holiday spot. Read on to discover some of the most popular destinations that tourists flock to on these islands.
- Waikiki Beach – This beach has something to offer to both madly in love couples and hipsters. Since 2001, 30 feet large screens have been erected on the beach to catch a free movie while basking in the sun. It also offers spectacular night views.
- KCC Farmers’ Market – Every Saturday, located on the slopes of Diamond Head is a food lover’s haven. The KCC Farmers’ Market has Hawaii’s finest delicacies on offer. The outdoor market tickles the taste buds of the visitors with endless food like exotic fruits, vegetables, flowers, baked goodies, seafood and a lot more.
- Pearl Harbor – Known for its historical significance, Pearl Harbor is home to buildings and memorials that are symbolic of the nation’s protectors. One among them is the USS Arizona Memorial where one can view a 20 minute video that highlights the unfortunate bombing event.
- Hula shows and dancing – A holiday in Hawaii is incomplete without watching the famous Hula dancers in their traditional Hawaiian outfits. Dancing to traditional music, the dancers in their floral dresses and beautiful necklaces showcase the Hawaiian culture via free shows in the many parks on the islands.
- Ala Moana Shopping Center – For the shopaholics, this place is a must visit. This semi outdoor shopping mall has a lot to offer in terms of souvenirs and local products. Surely a great place to hang out!
- Diamond Head – Located in the capital of Hawaii, Honolulu, the Diamond Head is great for people who love to hike or thirst for outdoor activities. The place is located over a volcanic crater and offers a splendid view of the city from its edge. It is one of the most popular and crowded tourist attractions.
- Aloha Tower – This 10-storeyed tower is a popular shopping and dining destination located close to the ocean. One can take in the views of the crystal blue waters while enjoying dinner on the observation deck located on top. The deck is open on all days from sunrise until sunset.
- Manoa Falls – Famous as a location where the popular television series, LOST was filmed in, the Manoa Falls are located amidst a lush green rainforest. It is an ideal place for hiking and taking some great pictures.
- Haleakala National Park – This national park located on the island of Maui preserves the Haleakala volcanic zone. The summit offers fantastic views while the lush Kipahulu valley is dotted with freshwater pools and waterfalls. Must dos here are hiking and swimming.
- Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park – This tourist attraction on Big Island is spread across a 182 acres park and is full of archeological sites and reconstruction of the ancient Hawaiian “Place of Refuge”. This sacred site was once the home of the Hawaiian royalty. It was also a place of refuge for people who broke a law known as “Kapu” and the defeated military.
These local sightseeing spots in Hawaii make it was its today for hundreds of tourists. The places reflect beauty, culture and integrity of the Hawaiian life at its best.