We are approaching a time of year that puts a lot of pressure on a lot of people. This is evident in the attitudes of people, not only on black Friday, but in any shopping area approaching the Christmas holidays.
People are stressed, and they have so much to buy for so many people. But there is an alternative. There is something you can do different this year to survive the holidays.
– Take some time to think about who you really need to buy gifts for and draw up a plan so you are not aimlessly shopping without knowing who you have or have not bought something for.
– Think of gift alternatives. Instead of showing your love with something expensive or fashionable, try and find something that you could get someone that would give them more sentimental value. Something that reminds them of a personal experience that they had with you. Usually, these kinds of gifts are far less expensive and have much more of a positive impact.
– Give to a charity on behalf of the person up to the value of the gift you were going to purchase. This will allow them to do something good for the cause they care about and you get to share that experience with them
– Buy gifts during the quieter times of the year and during sales throughout the year. Create an attitude that always gives you a chance to pick up gifts and know what your close friends and family like. This will save you a lot of money and will mean you don’t have to pay the prices that you end up paying coming up to the holiday times.
– Stay away from shopping areas unless you have a definite plan on where you’re going and nice that is done, get out. Don’t window shop or buy anything for yourself.
The holiday season is a time for giving, but it doesn’t mean the giving of useless items to people who don’t need it to show love. We can find alternatives to enjoy the holiday season by giving memorable gifts that create long lasting relationships with the ones we love and to help those people who do not have that privilege.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give – Winston Churchill
See the great things this foundation is doing this year. The current project involves buying bay kits and family kits for new born babies in the Orissa region of India. Take a moment and support a great cause this Christmas season – http://www.prishanfoundation.com/