To accomplish any task; first thing is to start and to start anything; first task is to get some idea. Swami Vivekananda lectured on Raja Yoga, stated that “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.” Swami Vivekananda had left normal life and adopted spiritual life but he had inspired many people about the truth of life and how to live life to the fullest.
In my early age i read a lot about Swami Vivekanand, few years’ back i had opportunity to visit Kanyakumari to do research on him and his work, I was stunned and amazed about the life he lived. His life was driven with powerful thoughts. He was not only a spiritual leader but he was a great thinker.
Some of other thoughts I like about Swami Vivekananda are:
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success that is way great spiritual giants are produced.”
- “Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin? To say that you are weak, or others are weak.”
- “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.”
- “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”
- “BY the study of different RELIGIONS we find that in essence they are one.”
- “That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.”