House of Cards isn’t just a TV show, its a source of some great and funny life advice from the shows lead, Francis Underwood. We looked for the best quotes from the first season, for your enjoyment.
House of Cards
10 Great Quotes from the TV Show House Of Cards
1. A great man once said, everything is about sex. Except sex. Sex is about power.
2. Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power. In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn’t see the difference.
3. Sometimes, the only way to gain your superiors respect is to defy him.
4. Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it.
5. What a martyr craves more than anything is a sword to fall on, so you sharpen the blade and hold it at just the right angle.
6. Choosing money over power is a mistake almost everyone makes. Money is the big mansion in Saratoga that starts falling apart after ten years. Power is that old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who does not see the difference.
7. How quickly poor grades are forgotten in the shadow of power and wealth.
8. Never slap a man while he’s chewing tobacco.
9. I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so alone.
10. . . . and then he asked if I have no faith in God. I said you have it wrong. God has no faith in us.