Aqua detox is a different kind of alternative medical treatment, which is claimed to be useful in detoxification. It is based on the research made by Dr. Royal Rife, who was a scientist, conducting studies on electromagnetic theory and its use in preventing certain diseases.
Aqua Detox Principle
This method of treatment is based on the principle that, due to various reasons many toxins are formed in the body, which is the cause of several ailments. When these toxins are removed, the body will be free from such impurities and will function properly to provide relief or prevent from certain ailments.
The Aqua Detox equipment supposedly, produces positive and negative ions at certain frequency. This creates a gentle resonance throughout the body and helps to stimulate the cells inside. It helps in bringing back the balance of cell energy within the tissue cells. Thus, they are able to release the toxins formed in them and the tissue cells begin to perform more efficiently.
The use of Aqua Detox equipment is simple. The users have to insert their feet in lukewarm water in the space allotted for footbath. When the system starts working a metal coil called Array is immersed in it. This causes a current to flow and a bio-energetic field is imparted to the water. This energy then resonates through the entire body. This helps in release of toxins accumulated in the body through the numerous pores present at the bottom of the feet.
When this occurs, the color of the water in the footbath gradually changes. It is claimed that the color changes depending on the toxins released. The color can vary from light orange to dark brown or similar.
Microcirculation is a body process, which is responsible for exchange of substance between the body tissues and blood. With the help of microcirculation, vital nutrients and oxygen is absorbed and waste material is excreted. A person is in healthy condition only when this process if functioning normally. Any imbalance can cause a state of disease.
The supposed theory behind Aqua Detox is that bio energy created during the treatment helps to stimulate the microcirculation in the body and make it function more efficiently. It helps to create a balance between the absorption and excretion and helps in removal of waste, which is accumulated in the form of toxins.
As against the claims made by the promoters of Aqua Detox machine, there are some critics who have expressed their views about this treatment. According to them, the color change that is seen during this treatment is merely the result of the rusting of iron electrodes. They say that the color of water will change in any case and the presence or absence of feet in the foot bath does not matter. While research studies are being conducted for the same, the widespread use of this popular treatment continues.
Some of the benefits as claimed by the manufacturers and promoters of Aqua Detox equipment are:
- It helps in detoxification and helps to restore the body’s regular function.
- It helps to improve blood circulation.
- It aids in reducing the obnoxious material and other toxins from the body.
- It improves cellular function and enables proper absorption of nutrients and oxygen.
- It helps to neutralize damage caused by free radicals and brings back the normal function of body cells.
- It supports the kidney function by helping in removing toxins.
The use of this aqua detoxification treatment has been popular for ailments like;
- Skin complaints like allergies, eczema, itchy skin, ulcers, lumps, bumps, fungal infection of toes and toenails, etc.
- Arthritis and joint pain, soreness of legs or feet, restlessness of legs, etc.
- Digestive disorders like stomach complaints, metabolism difficulties, etc.
- Headaches, migraine, irritability and general fatigue.
- Bacterial, viral infections causing cold, etc
- Chemical or heavy metal poisoning.
- Urinary complaints.
Using Aqua Detox treatment is not recommended in pregnant ladies, those suffering from epilepsy, or those using pacemakers, heart monitors or any such devices, those undergoing chemotherapy for blood cancer or those patients with an organ transplant.