Dieting is the practice of controlling the amount of food you take to control your body weight or to maintain a steady and healthy body. Dieting can be a resistive task for a person who loves to eat. Especially the thought of the word itself makes you feel a craving for the most calorie- enriched and generously carb-stuffed food. But frankly, it really isn’t. As long as you eat right, it does not even have to be on a “diet” basis. Skipping meals or fasting can only make you consume more food and that in turn leads you to have an unhealthy eating pattern. On the other hand, if it’s a diet including all the chocolates and crisps, won’t you be motivated for more? Well that’s the kind of diet you’ll be taking after following the given steps.
Complexity Level: Basic
Time required: 10-15 days for visible results
1. Healthy food
3. Exercise equipments
1. Eat right:
- Normally people diet to lose weight. But they don’t regard the fact that they might be losing a measurable amount of muscles too. By losing muscles, it affects the BMR and that in turn affects the metabolic activities of the body system. So maintaining your muscle weight while losing your fat is the main point you need to keep in mind. So have your carbohydrates but cut down on the calories. Include crunchy leafy veggies instead of crisps and fries. And have a pound of protein a day to keep your muscles intact.
2. Proper nutrition:
- Carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals, dietary fibers and water, all together provide a proper healthy nutrition. Balancing them the right way is where the trick lies.
- Avoid processed foods as they include trans-fats and saturated fats. Avoid artificial sweeteners. Drink about 7-8 glasses of water every day as it helps to flush out toxins and excess fat out of the body. (And watch your skin and hair glow). Avoid going on an extreme diet to lose out on fat fast. These can even cause malnutrition.
3. Supplementary intakes:
- There are certain minerals that our body cannot produce. These minerals should be consumed in the form of food or medication. However, taking supplements do not cause weight loss.
4. Eat less, more often:
- Break up your 3 time meal to 5 or 6 times. Eat smaller portions of your meal rather than eating large meals. This helps your body to digest and burn fat into energy at a steady pace. Eat slowly and chew slowly. Take your time and taste the food. When you eat fast, your body does not get the time to realize that it is full and you tend to consume more food than you actually feel.
5. Be on the move:
- Climb a flight of stairs, walk around your house, do the household chores, play some outdoor games. So long you lead an active life, the more calories you burn.
Frequently asked questions:
1. How can cleansing help in losing weight? Can it be a supplement to dieting?
Our bodies are loaded with toxins and impurities from what we’ve eaten and from what we’ve breathed. These pollutants clog up our internal organs and our system accumulates these outsiders as layers of fat. The best way to flush out impurities is by drinking plenty of water a day. This helps you to urinate more, thereby inducing weight loss by excretion of water.
2. Should I remove dairy products out of my diet plan?
Body needs a minimum amount of essential fat for the development of the brain and cell membrane constructions. These fats are found in dairy products and should be consumed as long as they are processed. Dairy products are the primary source of calcium which is necessary for healthy bones and teeth. They are also rich in protein for the development of muscles. it is advised to stick to milk and its substitutes to get your food pyramid complete.
3. Are Fruits Healthier than their Juices?
Definitely. When you make a fruit juice, this is extracted out of the fruit leaving the fiber behind. Fiber aids in smooth digestion. Consuming a fruit rather than just its juice also helps you to feel full. Moreover, the sugar or sweeteners added in juice also adds up to be given a pass as it is filled of calories. But, if you must drink fruit juice, make sure you do not strain it, remembering to consume the fiber along with it.
1. If you feel like eating just out of habit, pop a chewing gum and chew it. Besides taking away your craving for food, it also freshens your breath.
2. Use a diet chart daily with your weight and what food sacrifices you did. Updating it sincerely, can motivate you to aim higher.
3. Eat lots of vegetables before a meal. This will help you to eat lesser and on the same time give you better metabolism.
4. Don’t go to bed right after you had your supper. Take atleast 2 to 3 hrs before you go to sleep.
Things to watch out for:
1. Always ask for a doctor’s approval before being on a diet if you have a crucial health situation.
2. When you shop for groceries, keep in mind the ingredients and calorie counts. Read through the labels and nutritional info to know what you’re eating.
3. You might feel tired of your diet after a day or two. But be persistent and patient. Your reward will be excellent.
4. You will know that the diet is working on you when you start feeling better of yourself.
5. Keep yourself motivated by watching your hair and skin glowing with a smoother texture.