The expensive and costly products are made for those who can afford it. Buying these exclusive products is the statement of status, rich people spend money to buy exclusive and expensive product for themselves. Designers products or limited additions of brands are the perfect examples of exclusiveness. Below are some of the most expensive and costly pen ever made so far.
1. Mystery MasterpiecePrice: $730,000 This master piece was launched on February of 2006 to mark the centenary celebration of Van Cleef & Arpels and Mont blanc. they are the proud makers of this fantastic piece named the Mystery Masterpiece. It was made of white gold, adorned with rubies, emeralds or sapphires and accented by diamonds. Each pen has 840 diamonds and more than 20 carats of gemstones set in a Van Cleef & Arpels patented ‘Mystery Setting’. This incredible thing is priced at $730,000.
2. Caran d’Ache Gotica PenPrice: $406,453 This master piece is made with 892 brilliant-cut diamonds totaling 7.10 carats and the rosettes have 72 emeralds and 72 rubies. The Gotica pen was recently made its debut in China. The pen, which celebrates Gothic art and architecture, is made of rhodium-coated solid silver with six faces decorated with Gothic windows, fleurs-de-lis and rosettes. The Gotica Jewel pen is fitted with . Priced at $406,453.
3. La Modernista Diamonds PenPrice: $265,000 This pen is also featured in GBR. Guinness Book of records 2001 for being the expensive pen at that time. It was made with 18-carat rhodium-coated gold nib and had a total of 5,072 Wesselton diamonds weighing in at 20-carats, as well as 96 rubies totaling 32-carats. It was made by Caran d’Ache, a Switzerland based company in 1999 as homage to architect Antonio Gaudi. This amazing fountain pen was sold at an auction for $265,000.
4. Limited Edition Boheme Papillon PenPrice: $230,410 These limited edition of Papillon pen have been designed to pay respect to one of the most amazing creatures in nature, the Butterfly. Briliantly designed and crafted in the solid white, yellow or rose gold, the Boheme Papillon are studded with over 1,400 sparkling diamonds and sapphires which delicately wrap around the body and onto the internal spring mechanism. Fragile butterflies and Keatsian plant tendrils festoon the cap and the body while the patented signature star-shaped Montblanc Diamond graces the top of the cap. The limited edition Boheme Papillon is priced at US $230,410.
5. Prince Rainier III Limited Edition 81 PenPrice: $256,010 The Prince Rainer III fountain-pen is made with 18K white gold and adorned with diamonds with ruby-studded. There are 996 diamonds cut with facets and 92 rubies around its exterior while the inner workings are completely visible. There are 19 rubies attacted to the clip ring on the cap as well, while the 18K gold nib is set with two rubies. Priced at US $256,010.
6. Montblanc Boheme Royal PenPrice: $1,50,000 This writing marvel instrument is made with retractable platinum-plated 18K gold nib, 18K white gold barrel and cap set studded with 1,430 brilliant-cut diamonds. Montblanc Boheme Royal fountain pen’s star logo is made of 19 diamonds highlighted with 18k white gold rings and the clip is set with a paramount-cut diamond. The diamond-studded writing instrument exceeds the million dollar mark with its luxury price tag of US $1,50,000.
7. Caran d’Ache ‘1010’ Fountain Pen
8. Four Seasons Limited Edition Fountain Pen Sets by Ferrari da VaresePrice: $36,000 The Four Seasons Limited Edition Fountain pen features 18-carat gold nib, classy engravings, and a state-of-the-art pump filling system. The Pen were launched to celebrate the shades and changing colors of the passing time. Green stands for the spring, red for the summer, brown for the autumn and gray for intimate winter Only 33 units were made, with each priced at $36,000.
9. Caran d’Ache’s 1010 Limited Edition Fountain Pen
Price: $19,000The inspiration for the name “1010” comes from “Ten minutes past ten (10:10),” the moment when the hands on a watch dial are rightly balanced. The 1010 Limited Edition fountain pen lounged as a tribute to honor the Swiss watch making industry. Made of rhodium-coated silver, an ornamental balance wheel has been placed between two rubies under a sapphire dome and the beautiful tiny tick marks are etched around the barrel. Pricing starts at $19,000.