A fireplace is a structure which contains fire to heat up the room.It is generally used in cool places. Fireplace mantle can also be decorative. If you have problems with the old fireplace and want to give it a new look, try renovating it by following 7 quick ways.
1. Candle scape: Candle light glitters often bring in magical sense of peace and relaxation to any setting. Candles lighten your mood and rejuvenates your senses. Arranging candles into landscapes will surely bring style to your home. It will cost you around 10-20 dollars to do this.
2. Flower display: Fireplaces are ideal spaces for large displays of dried or artificial flowers which help to fill the fireplace recess. In summer, when supplies are plentiful and inexpensive, fresh flowers can be used as fireplace arrangements, but in autumn and spring, on days when you do not need a fire in the hearth, you can use a dried or silk flower arrangement to fill the gap. Fresh or dried, the flowers need to be bold and dramatic enough to fill the space and catch the eye. Choose colors that blend well with the surrounding decor and flesh out the arrangement with foliage which ideally should be long enough to break the shape of the fireplace. The final shape of the arrangement will depend on the form of the fireplace, but most will need to be roughly square or oval. You can use natural flowers from your garden, they won’t cost you anything, but if you are using artificial ones it will cost around 20 dollars.
3. Candle sticks: When decorating a fireplace mantel, also keep in mind the surroundings. The candlesticks need not be matching the fireplace accessories, but with proper selection they should blend in with the accessories. The candlesticks need to be of a material that blends in with the other fireplace accessories and do not mismatch them.
4. Adding color to the fireplace: A good place to start the makeover is changing the color of the brick. You do not need to change the entire bricks of the fireplace to give it a new look. Quality brick paint will transform darkened or previously painted bricks into new one. The change of color will also create a sense of more space to the room and make it look bigger and better.
5. Display: Fireplace display adds beauty and new look to the room. It is not just for heating a room but also for creating that warm cozy look.
6. Bookshelf: Spruce up the old fireplace with bookshelves. So, you can warm with the heat and relax with a book in your hand. Building bookshelves around fireplaces can cost up to 100$.
7. Fireplace Screens: Fireplace screens are not just a covering for the fireplace. They add an extra element and decor to the fireplace. They come in different sizes and design so one can choose that suits the bricks and bookshelf.
So, these are some tips and ideas for fireplaces.I bet now they shall surely catch every one’s eye.