People suffering from heart disease and problems can gain valuable information from this article as it will help you to stay on the path of health while tackling heart issues. Here are 5 simple tips on Cardiac Diet that will guide you on what to do to stay fit.
- Design and write daily food plan. Plan one day ahead. When you use this formula, you stay on the right track. You should not go for too much salt and fats in the meals you consume. You can keep all such points under consideration while writing your daily diet. You may find easy to make recipes from internet to prepare the meals you never tried.
- High fat foods must be banned. The list of high fat foods includes the following:
- Fried Foods
- Regular Cheeses
- Whole Milk
- You may bake the foods that you currently fry such as potatoes. Start consuming low fat milk rather than whole milk. Skim milk is the best option. There are milk brands that provide skim milk with additional protein. The protein has been added to improve taste and nutrition level.
- Buy fresh vegetables and fruits. Don't go for frozen vegetables. Don't overcook them and use minimum liquid to keep vegetables from losing excessive minerals and vitamins. Veggies and fruits contain Vitamin A and C.
- Reduce the consumption of processed foods. These foods contain high levels of sodium and fat. The elements are not suitable for a fragile heart. Prepare all the meals yourself and don't go for convenient foods.
- You must maintain an intake of 30+grams of fiber intake. Choose products that have a label of “Dietary Fiber“. The fiber absorbs fat content and cholesterol. If you currently eat 10gram of fiber then you must slowly progress to the 30+ gram of fiber intake. Else then readymade products, fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber content.
Design your Cardiac Diet on the basis of these tips to see yourself recovering in the future.