Does your confidence shakes while whispering jokes to friends or cuddling to dear ones? Have you ever experience that people avoid your closeness just because of bad breath? Or do you avoid proximity of some one in your family or friend whose breath smells foul? Bad breath is a very common problem that can greatly influence the confidence of a person. However, many of us are unaware of it, as people became used to the smell of their own breath.
Bad breath can be controlled by following simple hygienic measures. In most cases bad breath is caused by the bacteria present in the mouth that breed on the food particles lodged in between teeth or at gum line. This can lead to dental cavities and gum diseases, responsible for chronic bad breath (Halitosis). In addition to that certain medical disorder such as sinusitis, diabetes, and kidney disease or lactose intolerance may cause stinking breath. Eating pungent smelling food including like garlic, onion or chewing tobacco make your breath smell foul. People using dental appliances can also have bad breath if the dentures are not clean on time to time.
Here are some tips that will help to evade bad breath and thus will allow you to enjoy the closeness of dear one.
– Good oral hygiene is the key to keep bad breath away. Do through brushing twice a day with regular flossing. Only flossing will help to remove the food particles and bacteria trapped between teeth and at the gum line.
– Don’t forget to clean tongue; the bacteria left on tongue can make breath foul. It is best to clean tongue every time, after brushing teeth.
– Rinse mouth with plain water, especially after meal. Swishing the water around will help to clear the remaining food particles from mouth. Using the mouth wash available in market can also serve the purpose.
– Keep mouth wet as saliva has a natural antibacterial action and it also helps to clear the food particles. Drinking lots of water will prevent dryness of mouth. You can chew on sugarless gum to increase the saliva flow.
– Certain fruits and vegetables such as apple, carrot, and cucumber are natural cleanser and eating them will help to remove plaque and food particles.
– Munching of natural herbs like parsley or spearmint will help to get rid of bad breath for a time being. Even eating sweet smelling food products can keep your breath fresh.
– The “breath remedies” available in market can be useful to avoid bad breath as they helps to kill the unwanted bacteria in the mouth.
– Stop chewing or using tobacco based product
– One who uses dentures needs to remove it at night and clean them properly before using again.
Now, you know how to get rid of bad breath. Start working on it immediately and chuck out the barrier to your social life. Only your persistent efforts will help to evade bad breath.
You may need to consult a dentist if above mention tips don’t help to prevent bad breath.