Success is a subjective idea; some equate it with the wealth while others with theirposition they hold. What truly defines success is the reputation one has, which is a sum of the habits we cultivate.
The good habits
Good habits are hard to cultivate and equally tough to break. All successful people have a set of good habits which is often carefully cultivated till it becomes an unconscious practice. Some good habits of successful people are –
- They are focused. They set their goals and maintain a steadfast focus on it till they have achieved it. Once they have achieved a target, they set fresh ones.
- They never step out of the learning curve. They are always seeking and absorbing fresh knowledge.
- They have strong ethics which they do not compromise for any price. This is what makes them remarkable and trustworthy.
- They have strong communication skills and are honest in their relationships.
- They always have a plan. It helps them organise their lives and decide on what course they want to steer their lives.
The bad habits
Nothing in this world is absolute.A bad habit may sometimes play a positive role in your success. Here are a few bad habits that may actually be good for you –
- Saying “no” is the toughest quality one can cultivate, and though it may sound rude, saying it gracefully, it is a powerful quality for success.
- Trying to achieve more by doing less, or being lazy is a good, because you seek easier way to finish the most complex tasks.
- Not overworking, but giving importance to your personal time too. Work is not life; it is a part of life, a phase that will also be over. It is essential to strive for balance.
- Get distracted sometimes, it will give you fresh ideas and also give you the break needed to concentrate better.
What should successful person do to be great?
Eventually no one remembers our position or salary; they only remember how good we were as a person. In order to be successful –
- Don’t be afraid to make your opinion heard or articulate your ideas, however absurd they may seem
- Get things done yourself rather than wait for someone to do it for you
- Learn from your failures, it is the best teacher
- Stay calm under stressful circumstances, it will help you think better
It doesn’t matter if you are unaware of your true potential, what is important that you constantly strive to excel in your endeavours and remain honest.