Digital advertising has come a long way over the years. Today advertising online is not just about finding space and promoting any and everything. Users have become ever more conscious of what they are clicking and what they are watching. In such a scenario, it’s important to note that the advertising world has shifted to native advertising, which has been benefiting both advertisers and publishers at the same time.
What is native advertising?
Native advertising is a form of online advertising which also works elsewhere. The forte of native advertising is that the advertised content matches form and function of the platform being used for advertising.
In most cases, native advertisement is in form of content or video that’s produced specifically to promote a product.
Over time, businesses have seen a significant shift in how consumers have been learning about brands. The click-through ratio of banner ads has come down a great deal and the advertising industry is in for a paradigm shift. Most of this is characterized by Native ads.
Native ads are designed to get ever so closely with the published content on a webpage that it appears to be part of the content itself. Though a consumer can easily distinguish between an advertisement and content, but all in all native ads are far more useful from consumer point of view. Native ads are great brand builders, not just do native ads do good for brands, they are great from publications as well.
Native advertising to promote brands
Native advertising is undoubtedly more successful than traditional ads this can be proven by following few examples:
- People view native ads (that are more content related) more frequently than rather more distracting traditional ads
- Native advertising helps more in brand building
- Purchase possibility is higher on a native ad click in comparison with traditional ads
Strategies to refine advertising
Native advertising has taken the publishing world and social media by a storm. As users are losing out with traditional advertising, native advertising is taking over as the main source of revenue of publishers and advertisers. Here are five odd ways to refine your advertising strategy to remain amid the best.
- Advertisers commonly make the mistake of being too formal and over informing customers in the small space. Since consumers don’t have so much time, often the core message in the ads goes unnoticed despite being informative and detailed. Be real, true, to the point and show in the ad what customers can do with the product, not what it is in literal sense.
- The best thing about advertising is that you have the option to bend the rules. Never be afraid to bend the rules of the game – play with grammar or spell out words differently, as long as it is essential for drawing consumer attention.
- Base the advertising pitch based on the product or service you have to offer. Customers often look for something that they can relate to in a product. It may not always be a formal pitch or superfluous language. Use informative and conversational tone to portray what you’re offering. Once you have decided a pitch, keep it constant across all platforms.
- Ads do more than just being a sales pitch; they invite consumers to be part of a business’s ecosystem. So, ensure the ad is perfectly conceptualized and impressive but subjective and informative.
Native advertisement blends effortlessly into the content around it, creating a seamless experience for the user, and providing better value for the business.