Logos are a crucial aspect of business marketing. A logo is the company’s graphical representation and thus it becomes the single most visible manifestation of the company within its target market and firmly fixes a company’s brand. A symbol provides instant and compelling recognition of the business and the services or the products that it offers. The logo of a company appears on its website, stationary, business cards and advertising.
So, logos are the chief visual component of a company’s overall brand identity. For this reason, a well-designed logo can furnish to business success, while a substandard logo can send the wrong message and turn off potential customers. Logo is like the ‘face’ of the company, which should gel with other aspects of the company’s other visual presentation, i.e. it should keep the brand message consistent to help increase consumer recognition.
Pointers for making a good logo:
- Since, logo is like a little ad of the company, it should present the value and goals of the company.
- The logo must reflect confidence and growth irrespective of how large or small the business is.
- Good logos must be unique and comprehensible to potential customers.
- Logo should be designed in a way that provides some meaning about the company or its industry. For example, cutting-edge firms and many tech companies tend to have angular logos for speed, whereas service-oriented firms have rounded logos to provide a sense of service and trust.
- A small business may design its logo in house instead of spending thousands of dollars to hire a designer. However, such a logo should be market tested first.
- A company needs to make sure that its logo is lasting and does not become outdated; a logo should be such, which can be used effectively year after year.
Thus, to conclude one can say that logos are graphical displays of a company’s unique identity, and they provide essential information about a company through colors, fonts and images that helps customers to recall and identify with the core brand of the company. A solid branding strategy must use design to relay a message that attracts the target audience. Logos are also a casual way of referring to the company in advertising and marketing materials; they also provide an anchor point for the various colors, fonts, and design choices in all other business-marketing materials. It creates confidence in a brand while differentiating it with the brand’s competitors.