As humans we constantly aspire to do better than what we did yesterday. Being productive is what we are always seeking as it is a great quality to bring the best out of yourself. That however, is easier said than done. With so many things to bog us down being productive to the best of our abilities is no easy task. Remember in this context that it is all in the mind, if you can sufficiently motivate yourself psychologically then this apparently difficult task would appear extremely easy. In this article thus we will be telling you about the psychological hacks to boost productivity and get the best out of yourself. These lessons on how to be more productive will come in handy when you try to develop yourself.
Some important psychological hacks to boost productivity
- Realize the fact that most of the work you do matters little:If you actually observe closely the daily schedule where maybe you are putting in a 60 hours of hard work every week, you will see that a lot of it is extremely unimportant. Eventually you will see that the real work consists of only about 20 hours of the time that you invested. If you are curious about how to be more productive, let us inform you that you can easily cut off some of the unimportant works. If for instance you bring down the overall working hours in the week to 40 but all of it is actual work then your productivity will be doubled while your efforts will be lessened.
- Do not put off work: This is one of the most important psychological hacks to boost productivity. We often end up delaying work that needs to be done urgently and increase the leisure time. This is where a lot of negative energy creeps in and our productivity is affected. Make it a habit to do the work timely and avoid putting off work for the future. This habit soon becomes a practice and you will see that all you are doing is delaying the work on a regular basis.
- Postpone the rewards:One of the important human psychology tricks is to postpone the rewards. We often have a tendency where we readily reward ourselves for too little. When the reward system is such that you allow yourself something nice or a long break for too little a task, your productivity is affected. To help get rid of this problem make sure that the procedure for these rewards are long and tough. Only after a lot of genuine hard work you should get the reward you wish to have. If this is followed it would be among the best psychological hacks to boost productivity.
- Congratulate yourself for all you have achieved: This tip actually takes a leaf out from the last one. While it is important that you reward yourself only when it is actually due and making the process tougher does improve the productivity, keep it in mind that you do need words of encouragement as well. The most encouragement must come from within yourself and make it a point that after a week of hard work bringing you some success, you are taking time to congratulate yourself for the good work. This is among the best psychological hacks to boost productivity because the process ensures that a positive energy is carried forward in your later works.
- Have a clear conscience:
Among the several tips to motivate yourself, it is of utmost importance that you have a clear conscience. This is because if the work you do involves a lot of guilt or shame then the work will never be to its full intensity. Justify to yourself of the work you do and get rid of any such negative feelings because the target is to increase productivity and not guilt. If at all it is not possible to stay out of these negative feelings, just make sure you change the work you do because otherwise it will just be a series of low productive work.
- Focus on the work you are doing: Often a situation arises when you have too much of work on your hands. You are not even sure what to start with and how to go about finishing all the work. In such instances never get distracted by the quantity of work at first and pick any one and focus on it. Completion is very important before you move on to the next work. If you are just doing one work now and before completing it you are shifting to work on another one, you will fall short of your expectations and your productivity will never match up to what you want it to be.
- Help those using your services:We already said about how the conscience has to be clean to ensure good work. One of the best ways to ensure that is to help the employers or the ones who are benefitting from your service. Helping and doing good for people will always work for you as an added motivation and will help you perform better. It will be the driving factor that will lead you to all the hard work. No wonder this is among the best psychological hacks to boost productivity.
- Strike the right balance: This is extremely important no matter what the nature of your work is. Without the right balance everything will just fall flat on its face. So make sure that you are striking the right balance from everything. Be it resting to taking time off work or putting in some sincere hours of work, the right balance will come in handy everywhere. It is one of the most important things to keep in mind when you are trying to increase your productivity.
We hope that you will put these tips to motivate yourself to good use and implement them in your lives immediately. While initially it may seem daunting remember that these set of human psychology tricks will be the key if you want to stand out in the crowd of the ordinary.