Unplanned pregnancy can leave you baffled and confound you amidst darkness of thoughts. Before you proceed with any decision related to your pregnancy, make sure that you have given enough time to yourself to review it.The first thing you must to do is to confirm your pregnancy. You must undergo an ultrasound and meet your counselor to discuss the situation you are undergoing. Note down your feelings, thoughts and fears about each option that you are going to take. Decide by reflecting on your beliefs, values and circumstances as this decision will bring a complete change in your life.
Discussed below are the three possibilities. Review each possibility carefully before taking your decision.
a. Choice to parent the child
Parenting has been considered the toughest but at the same time rewarding experience for any individual. It is amazing to see a little life that grows inside you and later on develops into a whole new individual that has different interest, personality and talent. As you have grown, you provide the same to this extension of yours. Parenting has two essential parts, love and support. You must ponder over some of these:
1. Suppose you are a single woman then consider that is there any possibility of marrying the father or not. If there isn’t then find reason for it. There is also an option for premarital counseling if the father is ready for it.
2. The kind of support the father of the child can provide, be it as a role model, living arrangement or finance.
3. The kind of help family will do like childcare, financial or living arrangement.
4. Living with family is possible or not.
5. It doesn’t matter with whom you live. Think over how you are going to share the responsibilities.
6. Any possibility or problems that would arise, if living on your own with the baby.
7. The path that you will choose to reach your goals to improve your as well as your child’s living.
8. Whether you would apply for government programs such as Medicaid, WIC etc.
b. Choice for adoption
Presently, there is a wide range of options for adoption plans. It may be an open or a closed adoption. Before you go for taking such decision, you should make yourself aware of certain things. Here are some of them:
1. The choice of adoptive family and details about the child’s future is all up to you.
2. Some adoptive parents even try explaining adoption to the child at all stages of his development. This ensures a good coordination between the parent and the child.
3. You need to decide the kind of relation that you will have with the child and adoptive family.
4. Regular counseling, support groups and other such services allows a person to overcome the grievances, challenges and issues of loss.
5. Make sure you choose the ideal home for your child.Do ask yourself and think over these:
6. Inquire about the people who have decided to adopt your child and make sure whether you could speak to them often to know about the well being of your child.
c. Choice to abort the child
No decision related to this is easy. There are lots of challenges that will come your way. You need to gather all the information related to abortion and the various types of abortion procedures available in the medical science. You should know the risk factors involved in this. Before you go for this decision, there are some important points to go through.
1. Whether you have proper information about its procedures and risks.
2. The test for STD is important. Make sure the test has been done.
3. Do not decide only on the basis that you are being pressurized.
4. Ensure yourself by speaking to people who have under gone abortion before you go for it.
5. You must know all about the physical complications related to abortion like risk of infertility.
6. Being strong is the only way out in these situations. It is must for you to have knowledge about the emotional impact that you will undergo during and after abortion.