A growing baby needs an all-round development as physical growth is as much important as mental growth. You need to make sure that your little infant achieves both. But there are a few resources present at our disposal which focus on both the aspects at the same time. So, either you have to compromise at one front or the another. However, the Baby Einstein Motion Activity Jumper is a great way for your child to get his physical as well as mental exercise done at the same time. The interactive handles and the piano keys provide stimulation for your baby by producing sounds, whereas the soft seat of the jumper lets the little one bounce around. Also, assembling it is not a complicated task, in other words, you can easily use the little Einstein jumper without anyone’s help. The instructions given below can help you out.
Complexity level: Moderate
Time required: 10-15 minutes
- Philips screwdriver
- 3 C/LR14 1.5-Volt (V) batteries
1. Locate the battery compartment and undo the screws
- First of all, you need to locate the piano control of the jumper. In most cases, the piano control is located on the side of the jumper. Once you have found the piano control, then lean down so that you can see the back side of it. This is the place where the batteries need to be installed.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to undo the screws which hold the control’s battery compartment. Make sure that you place these screws carefully, otherwise you may easily lose them. You can place these screws on a piece of cloth.
2. Install the batteries
- Once you have successfully opened the battery compartment of the jumper, then install the three batteries into it at the specified position. Close the compartment using the screws after placing the batteries.
3. Place your baby inside
- Now you need to adjust the height of the seat. This can be easily determined by placing the baby inside the seat of the jumper. The normal convention is that the height of the seat must be such that when the baby is inside the jumper, the ball of his foot must be at a slightly curved angle with the floor. Adjust the height of the seat accordingly as this is the most comfortable position for your baby.
4. Pull the knobs and turn the piano on
- When you are satisfied with the height of the jumper then pull the knobs located in the front of the jumper. Click these knobs into the appropriate holes to set the seat’s height. The jumper is now ready for use.
- The power switch is located in the left corner to the right, slide this switch to turn on the piano. You can either select the “Melody Mode” by choosing the musical note symbol or “Piano Mode” by choosing the piano key symbol. Your baby is certainly going to enjoy playing with the attached handles and using the piano control.
Frequently asked questions:
What are the dangers of baby jumpers?
Although baby jumpers are absolutely safe but still there are few risks and dangers associated with them if not used properly. Some of these dangers are as follows:
- A jumper hangs from the door frame and allows the baby to jump up and down. If it is not installed correctly then it may become loose, thus causing injuries to the baby.
- You must even be careful while selecting the location for the jumper. Your baby can have injuries if furniture and other objects are nearby.
- You must even pay attention to the height, weight or age restrictions on the jumper which you are purchasing.
- Use the jumper only if your baby meets the safety conditions which are: baby can sit up by himself, must be of at least 4 months of age, weighs less than 25 pounds and is lees than 30 inches tall.
- Do not add straps, strings, hardware or other parts to the jumper as they can lead to injuries to your baby.
Things to watch out for:
- Make sure that the jumper is installed on a flat surface and it must be away from the stairways. An elevated surface increases the risk of injuries.
- Children that can stand or walk on their own must not be allowed to use the jumper.