We’ve compiled the 10 Best Quotes about friends and friendship by some of the most prominent authors and artists of our time. Feel free to share them with your friends and loved ones.
We’ve also included a link to more work by the author of each quote to help you find out more about their work and to give you the opportunity to do some further reading.
Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the 10 Best Quotes About Friendship:
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ― C.S. Lewis
2. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus
3. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ― Elbert Hubbard
4. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
5. “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” ― Oscar Wilde
6. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” ― Bob Marley
7. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ― William Shakespeare
8. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
9. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” ― Muhammad Ali
10. “Seek a true friend, for a friend seeks the benefit of a friend, Do good to the people for the sake of God or for the peace of your own soul that you may always see what is pure and save your heart from the darkness of hate.” ― Rumi